Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 06:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,491 times

Advertisements

Looking for information....possibly relocating. Does anyone live near Blue Earth, Minnesota? Is it family friendly? Is there work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2007, 08:19 PM

66 posts, read 298,069 times
Default Places with nice people

I have visited New Hampshire several times and found the people to be warm and friendly. Different from the "New England" reputation of being cold and aloof, everyone was kind and helpful and interested in conversation and they seemed happy! Have never lived there, but they seemed to be real genuine up there! They definitely enjoy their politics though.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:36 AM

14 posts, read 70,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
How do you know this? Have you ever lived here? While I don't like Ca. or Sacramento and am looking to get out because of other reasons not all of your assessment is accurate. Sacramento is a up and coming city with all the surrounding suburbs it's huge. Sacramento was always known as a cow town so to speak, now it's a cow town that grew up.

As with all huge metropolises it does have its share of crime. It is outgrowing itself. There are colleges, sports, theater, a huge newspaper [www.sacbee.com] night life, golf, new housing, the capital is here, etc. we do have almost every type of background here very diverse. It is very progressive and becoming liberal. If anyone is looking for a liberal progressive city then you would like Sacramento! Job are very plentiful and housing pricing is coming down. You can find anything in Sacramento.
If you'd been paying attention, yes, I have lived there. I said as much. I never said it was a cow town; many cities have rednecks and aren't cow towns. I haven't always lived in the most affluent areas, which may affect my perception, but I didn't live in the slums, either; also, working there gave me a pretty broad view of people.

I also never said it had no culture. Your reply (while understandable) didn't really address much of what I said, and you read into it in ways that weren't really appropriate. You really ought to refrain from putting words in my mouth; I can produce my own, thank you.

Old 01-12-2007, 10:51 AM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,784,597 times
Default New York City!!!

Hey, NEW YORK CITY!! How many people in ANY city do you know of who would THROW THEMSELVES ON A LIVE SUBWAY TRACK AND SAVE A GUY'S LIFE???? Throw out that myth of unfriendly New Yorkers!! They go at a fast pace, but their minds are fast and their hearts and humor big!!

Old 01-12-2007, 04:23 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,342,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
We've been to a few places in the South. The Carolinas have very nice, down home and friendly people. :
No they aren't nice - we're - wait, I mean They're rude and nasty and ugly and deep-fat fry everything, especially chicken.

Old 01-14-2007, 01:55 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,442,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmoore View Post
Looking for information....possibly relocating. Does anyone live near Blue Earth, Minnesota? Is it family friendly? Is there work?
Hi. I don't live too far from Blue EArth, but we generally just go through there and I don't have info about jobs or anything. You may want to post your question on the Minnesota forum and someone may be able to answer your question.

Old 01-14-2007, 04:54 AM

1,417 posts, read 6,907,856 times
I live in metro Charlotte and the people here are awesome. Nice mix of conservatives/liberals who get along well. But as some posters have said, you've got nice people, idiots, open-minded (very subjective term), closed-minded (another one), EVERYWHERE!! I've met/know people people from all over, and the vast majority are great!

Old 02-05-2007, 05:28 PM

489 posts, read 2,015,127 times
I would have to say Chicago/NW Indiana areas. Isabella here on this thread basically described my entire experience in these areas with the exception that she described NY. I believe it! Nice to know that there are other places like my hometown.

Old 02-05-2007, 05:48 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,907,544 times
Charleston SC has the friendliest place in the US, always listed as the top friendliest place

Old 02-06-2007, 08:26 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,154,051 times
Default In my opinion..

I'm pretty widely-travelled, and have lived in quite a few places too. I know some won't agree with this, and also this is a state that doesn't get alot of attention or consideration, but I think Oklahoma has about the most friendly and laid-back people in the country.
But of course different people have different experiences, and someone will dispute this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.