Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 10:16 AM

2,367 posts, read 7,651,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontbelloTopHat View Post
I'm from MLPS and its alot more like Denver then Seattle, and crime isnt as big a promblem compared to some cities but its a bigger promblem compared too seattle, and that what the thread is about cities most like Denver, not other cities
I was saying crime in Denver is low compared to other cities because thats one of the reasons I think Denver is similiar to Seattle,they both have relativly low crime rates for cities of thier size.In 2005 Seattle also had a higher crime rate than Denver,Seattle's was 593 and Denver's was 574.3,both cities had a drop in crime in 2006 too,although I think Denver does have a higher violent crime rate as Newintha stated.And that is your opinion when you say Minneapolis is more like Denver,my opinion is that Seattle is more like Denver.Both Seattle and Denver have mountains close by,they both have similar rates of Growth,they have similiar skylines,Seattle's is bigger,but both cities seem to have the same style of architecture.Again,its just my opinion that these cities are similiar.

Last edited by CTownNative; 08-24-2007 at 11:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 11:04 PM

1,048 posts, read 4,344,552 times
For as big city as Denver, the crime rate here is not bad as compared to many other big cities. Thanks again everyone.

Old 08-26-2007, 06:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
I wouldn't say Denver is alot more diverse,but I definetly agree its more diverse.But when you look at the metros,Seattle's is more diverse.I've been to KC,I don't find them to be similar,I think Seattle is the best comparison.Denver does have a higher crime rate than Seattle,but crime doesn't seem to be as big as a problem in Denver as it is in many other cities.
I have looked up the statistics, and Denver is more diverse if by that you mean "less white". Denver is now a majority-minority city. Plus there are some 'burbs that are similar demographically, and the Hispanic population is spread out throughout the metro area. Seattle has more whites, and more Aisians than Denver. And the climate sounds gawd-awful to me, though I know that many like it.

My DD went to college near Minneapolis and feels the two cities are quite similar in many respects (obviously not geographically).

Old 08-26-2007, 07:15 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
I can not beleive no one has mentioned the Salt Lake City metro yet. Denver and Salt Lake City are similar in quite a few ways. Both metros have growth along a major interstate that runs north to south. Both metros are close to mountain ranges. Both metros have high population growth rates and high rates of in-migration. Denver is spread out along the Front Range while Salt Lake City is spread out along the Wasatch Front. Both cities have lots of outdoor activities with close proximity to the mountains. Both cities have fairly warm and dry summers with snow off and on in the winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.