Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2007, 07:06 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,497,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsidelife View Post
You're delusional.

First of all, it's "San Diegans", not "San Diegoan". Second of all, San Diegans adore their town like crazy. Don't know what you're talking about. Sorry.

Any sane person without an East Coast bias will tell you that Los Angeles, California, and the entire West Coast have more than just beaches and sunshine. I still think you're in no position to speak about the West Coast, as you've hardly been here. Culture? Puh-leaze. I doubt you even know what culture is. Friendliness? Based on experience and what I've heard from family members, Boston and NYC have some of the rudest cab-drivers. We even got ripped off once by this Boston cab-driver. He took a longer route than was necessary just so he could command a higher fare. Then once we arrived at our stop, he, right in front of our eyes, increased the fare by tampering with the little box that tells you what the fare is. Yup. Reeeaaall friendly. We found Bostonians to be rude. Urbanity? San Francisco is more urban than any major East Coast city with the exception of NYC. History? Plenty of history here. The remainder of your post shows you to have an uneducated and biased point-of-view. Like always, zero credibility.
So you're judging the whole Northeast based on one Boston cab driver? You're pathetic. You're family said we're rude... Let me guess, they're from Los Angeles! If not, then they're disloyal Northeasterners who love to find something to hate about it because they dislike the weather.

History in Los Angeles? Oh, please. From when, 1965? Some history you got there!

Urbanity? San Francisco is urban. But bring up a list of the top 5 most dense cities in America, and the Northeast will hold the title.

Friendliness? The Northeast is friendly. Of course you'll find people in cities to be rude. It's a city, you know, the place with hundreds of thousands-millions of people in them! A lot of us are caught at a bad, stressful, work-related time. Meet a Northeasterner when they're not in work and they'll be some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Our neighbor has driven almost 2,000 miles (two way) just to do something for us when a family member was in the hospital.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:09 AM

Face it, NYC is the Capital of the World. It'll take a lot more than some city-data forumer who I don't even know to convince me otherwise. So dream on.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:47 AM

167 posts, read 268,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
So you're judging the whole Northeast based on one Boston cab driver? You're pathetic. You're family said we're rude... Let me guess, they're from Los Angeles! If not, then they're disloyal Northeasterners who love to find something to hate about it because they dislike the weather.

History in Los Angeles? Oh, please. From when, 1965? Some history you got there!

Urbanity? San Francisco is urban. But bring up a list of the top 5 most dense cities in America, and the Northeast will hold the title.

Friendliness? The Northeast is friendly. Of course you'll find people in cities to be rude. It's a city, you know, the place with hundreds of thousands-millions of people in them! A lot of us are caught at a bad, stressful, work-related time. Meet a Northeasterner when they're not in work and they'll be some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Our neighbor has driven almost 2,000 miles (two way) just to do something for us when a family member was in the hospital.
Where did I EVER say that my opinion of the Northeast was based on a Boston cab-driver? I said that Boston and NYC had SOME of the rudest cab-drivers. I didn't say that Boston and NYC had THE rudest cab-drivers. And that hardly is enough for me to form an opinion of the two cities. Don't put words in my mouth. It's a bad habit. And you call me pathetic? :laugh: Sorry, me and my family don't know you personally so we can't really tell whether you're rude or not. And we don't make generalizations such as "All Northeasterners are rude" based on cab-drivers. But it's okay for you and your fellow Northeasterners to make generalizations such as "Everyone from LA is fake!" Right, okay then.

There is history in Los Angeles. Every place of existence has history. Los Angeles was settled in 1781, not 1965.

The five densest US cities in order are: New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, and Miami. Only two of the five are in the Northeast.

Okay so Northeasterners like you can't say that all people from LA are fake just because you happened to run into two fake girls at Les Deux nightclub in West Hollywood. Not everyone here is fake.

Once again you've been discredited on all accounts and your post just proves that you live by stereotypical perceptions instead of the facts. On top of which, you're immature and pompous. If I were a New Yorker, I would be embarassed by your behavior.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Face it, NYC is the Capital of the World. It'll take a lot more than some city-data forumer who I don't even know to convince me otherwise. So dream on.
Despite the ridiculous comments you've made, I actually agree with you in that NYC (alongside London) are the Capitals of the World, and that's something I've admitted all along.

I'm not trying to disprove NYC's stance as the Capital of the World. I'm trying to disprove your ridiculous and uneducated assertions about Los Angeles.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:01 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,741,308 times
Capital of the World???

I'd rather call it the Center of the Universe

Quote:

Old 09-04-2007, 11:44 AM

5,717 posts, read 16,344,312 times
I love the irony here.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Where did I EVER say that my opinion of the Northeast was based on a Boston cab-driver? I said that Boston and NYC had SOME of the rudest cab-drivers. I didn't say that Boston and NYC had THE rudest cab-drivers. And that hardly is enough for me to form an opinion of the two cities. Don't put words in my mouth. It's a bad habit. And you call me pathetic? :laugh: Sorry, me and my family don't know you personally so we can't really tell whether you're rude or not. And we don't make generalizations such as "All Northeasterners are rude" based on cab-drivers. But it's okay for you and your fellow Northeasterners to make generalizations such as "Everyone from LA is fake!" Right, okay then.

There is history in Los Angeles. Every place of existence has history. Los Angeles was settled in 1781, not 1965.

The five densest US cities in order are: New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, and Miami. Only two of the five are in the Northeast.

Okay so Northeasterners like you can't say that all people from LA are fake just because you happened to run into two fake girls at Les Deux nightclub in West Hollywood. Not everyone here is fake.

Once again you've been discredited on all accounts and your post just proves that you live by stereotypical perceptions instead of the facts. On top of which, you'rebe immature and pompous. If I were a New Yorker, I would embarassed by your behavior.
You basically said Northeasterners are rude because you happened to jump in the wrong cab. Don't try and squirm your way out of that by squeezing the word "some" in there.

1781? NYC and Boston were settled in the fricking 1500's.

2 of the 5 are in the Northeast, exactly. Thank you for proving my point. Do you see 2 West Coast cities there? Do you see 2 Southeastern cities there? No, but you see 2 Northeastern cities, am I right or am I seeing things?

There are no facts based on realness and fakeness. The only thing to go by is obervation, which is what this site is all about. If I want facts and numbers I could easily look them up on google, but I come here to state my observations and see how others perceive cities. I have every right to state my opinions, last I checked this is America. And I'm very aware of the Constitution and American Laws.

If you were a New Yorker, you'd be right next to me and you'd defend your city. Maybe I do get defensive, but it shows my loyalty. New York needs loyalty, we've been through more **** in the last decade than LA will ever go through.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:30 PM

Quote:
You basically said Northeasterners are rude because you happened to jump in the wrong cab. Don't try and act like you didn't say that, because that's what you were getting at.

1781? NYC and Boston were settled in the fricking 1500's.

2 of the 5 are in the Northeast, exactly. Thank you for proving my point. Do you see 2 West Coast cities there? Do you see 2 Southeastern cities there? No, but you see 2 Northeastern cities, am I right or am I seeing things?

There are no facts based on realness and fakeness. The only thing to go by is obervation, which is what this site is all about. If I want facts and numbers I could easily look them up on google, but I come here to state my observations and see how others perceive cities. I have every right to state my opinions, last I checked this is America. And I'm very aware of the Constitution and American Laws.

If you were a New Yorker, you'd be right next to me and you'd defend your city. Maybe I do get defensive, but it shows my loyalty. New York needs loyalty, we've been through more **** in the last decade than LA will ever go through.
Okay. It has been a while since I visited NYC and Boston. Let's just say that the Boston cab driver didn't give us a good first impression of Boston. BTW, he wasn't the only rude driver we encountered. No, you said that I was basing my opinion of the Northeast in general on some cab driver, which I wasn't doing at all.

Actually, my bad. The Los Angeles area was settled by Native Americans thousands of years ago. Next came the Europeans in 1542.

Two out of five does not constitute a majority.

Damn right I would defend New York if I were a New Yorker, but I'm not. I'm an Angeleno, a native one a that, and have tremendous loyalty to my hometown.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Actually, my bad. The Los Angeles area was settled by Native Americans thousands of years ago. Next came the Europeans in 1542.
And New York didn't have Native Americans? That's what made NYC NYC, they bought it from Native Americans. And fine, we were settled by dinosaurs. It can go on and on. And Los Angeles wasn't settled thousands of years ago, when an area is settled, it has organization and a gov't. The whole East Coast of America was once attached to Africa and Europe, the starting point of civilization.

Quote:
Two out of five does not constitute a majority.
You know what I mean. The Northeast has more dense cities than any other region, though the Midwest could give us a run for our money because of the land mass. And you could pass Philly off as a Northeastern city also.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:42 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,359,841 times
Quote:
I'm an Angeleno, a native one a that, and have tremendous loyalty to my hometown.

No kidding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.