Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2007, 04:44 PM

167 posts, read 268,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
i dont watch dancing with the stars so i dont know anything about that show.
Dancing With The Stars is perhaps the most popular show on TV right now.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:57 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsidelife View Post
The skyscrapers and the gems in the Historic Core were still intact when the movie ended.
Dang. Fire the Transformers and hire someone else to do the job.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Dancing With The Stars is perhaps the most popular show on TV right now.
Thats sad. It should be CNN or something on the History Channel, etc. America would rather watch morons doing the Mamba rather than learn about how they can help the world. Children are dying from starvation all over the world, wars are breaking out, governments are being overthrown, etc. "But hey! Look! Emmit Smith can do a mean two-step!" or "Hey! Look! Paris has a new purse, OMG I wanna be juuust like her".

Old 09-04-2007, 05:12 PM

234 posts, read 1,157,759 times
New Yorks own Jay Z and beyonce spend there labor day and her birthday in Malibu, CA which is in LA. check out the license plates on the porshe. he must own a home in LA bcuz he is driving on the LA freeway

» Jay-Z, Beyonce & the silver Porsche…HOT! » the.LIFE files (http://www.thelifefiles.com/jay-z-beyonce-the-silver-porschehot/ - broken link)

Old 09-04-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
New Yorks own Jay Z and beyonce spend there labor day and her birthday in Malibu, CA which is in LA. check out the license plates on the porshe. he must own a home in LA bcuz he is driving on the LA freeway

» Jay-Z, Beyonce & the silver Porsche…HOT! » the.LIFE files (http://www.thelifefiles.com/jay-z-beyonce-the-silver-porschehot/ - broken link)
And because Jay-Z (retarded flake) owns a home in LA, Im supposed to be impressed? Jay-Z and Beyonce can go take a long walk off a short pier. See people? LA rules because Jay-Z owns a home there. WOOT. Call me when that makes a difference in this world.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Call me when that makes a difference in this world.
Angelina Jolie? Brad Pitt? Leonardo DiCaprio? Sandra Bullock? All four have used their fame to raise awareness for certain causes.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:23 PM

234 posts, read 1,157,759 times
Quote:
And because Jay-Z (retarded flake) owns a home in LA, Im supposed to be impressed? Jay-Z and Beyonce can go take a long walk off a short pier. See people? LA rules because Jay-Z owns a home there. WOOT. Call me when that makes a difference in this world.

hahahha@take a long walk off a short pier. your a hater. Im saying when people have alot of money they choose to buy homes in LA. there must be a reason why boy. who really wants to live in chicago? oprah works there so she have a apartment in chicago but other than that she lives in cali.

Winfrey currently lives on “The Promised Land”, her 42 acre (170,000 m²) ocean and mountain view estate in Montecito, California, outside of Santa Barbara. Rumors state that Winfrey was at a party the previous owners were throwing and fell so in love with the estate that she was reported to have purchased it by writing a personal check for $50,000,000 USD, although it was not for sale. Winfrey also owns a house in Lavallette, New Jersey, an apartment in Chicago, an estate on Fisher Island off the coast of Miami, a ski house in Telluride, Colorado, and property on the island of Maui, Hawaii. Winfrey's show is based in Chicago, so she spends time there, specifically in the neighborhood of Streeterville, but otherwise resides in California. She purchased at least one property on Maui, Hawaii, which was featured on the cover of O at Home and on her TV show.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Angelina Jolie? Brad Pitt? Leonardo DiCaprio? Sandra Bullock? All four have used their fame to raise awareness for certain causes.
Jolie and Pitt are together, doing the same thing... and adoption is NOT a new concept. Maybe it is for LA, but for the rest of the world, saving kids from war-torn/disease--ridden countries is old news.

As for DiCrappy-o, hes just another Gore wanna-be. Big deal. Jump on the bandwagon there, Leo!

The point is, just because a handful of folks from Hollywood adopt kids or raise global-warming awareness, doesnt make the rest of the industry any better. Same goes for the throngs of Hollister-wearing, BMW-driving, cell-phone-jabbin, I-wanna-be-Britney-Spears-so-bad crowd....

Old 09-04-2007, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Jolie and Pitt are together, doing the same thing... and adoption is NOT a new concept. Maybe it is for LA, but for the rest of the world, saving kids from war-torn/disease--ridden countries is old news.

As for DiCrappy-o, hes just another Gore wanna-be. Big deal. Jump on the bandwagon there, Leo!

The point is, just because a handful of folks from Hollywood adopt kids or raise global-warming awareness, doesnt make the rest of the industry any better. Same goes for the throngs of Hollister-wearing, BMW-driving, cell-phone-jabbin, I-wanna-be-Britney-Spears-so-bad crowd....
Jolie isn't doing the same thing as Pitt. And I don't ever recall Oprah adopting any children.

Oh, please. The majority of the people out there don't know what's going on with the world. These celebrities are using their fame (because they're such public figures) to get some sort of message out. Give them a little credit. But you're right. Hollywood is nothing more than just the "Hollister-wearing, BMW-driving, cell-phone-jabbin, I-wanna-be-Britney-Speaks-so-bad crowd." Hollister is popular with kids all over the country, BMW's can be found everywhere, practically everyone nowadays owns a cell phone, and no one really looks up to Britney Spears. My gosh, that's beyond ridiculous. This whole discussion started with something about Jay-Z and people making a difference in the world. I named four celebrities who genuinely do care about making a difference. Oh but I forgot, anyone from Los Angeles doesn't count. Stop the "Nothing good can come out of LA" bull****.

Name someone from Chicago, other than Oprah, who is as famous as Jolie and Pitt and is doing the same kind of humanitarian work.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:54 PM

718 posts, read 2,687,669 times
Quote:
The reason everything is filmed out there is because its all a bunch of JUNK, and they know just where to find it (LA). That mindless crap is just what America wants to see, strangely. I dont give a flip that a lesbian chick is trying to hook up with other lesbos (Next), or what Britney Spears' new car is (E), or what ghetto-fied car Pimp My Ride does next, or who that crackhead Flavor Flav is picking for his next girlfriend. I mean really, youre all entertained by that spew? Really? If so, you all need to get out and experience real life (and Im not talking about the Real World, kids). LA is so pretentious and fake that even uttering its name brings about images of Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton, thats SAD!!!!! I recommend that LA TV become permanently banned, its nothing but crap. But what else would you expect from LA? GOOD television?
Comming from someone who's city (chicago)provides the rest of the world with zero entertainment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.