Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 05:07 AM

13 posts, read 14,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
Take with a grain of salt that most on the forum are older with different priorities and a pointedly different view of what's appropriate for a 20/30 something young professional. A smattering of "young people" in an area like Richmond or Des Moines where the bars "seem packed" some of which hold "upper level" jobs like accounting, law, IT, doesn't mean it's a good fit for a young professional who is not from that city or region.

Dallas is a huge haven for young professionals. It has been for the past 10 years. Lots of opportunities, both professional and socially. Austin as well, but Austin is a far smaller city.

Hey thanks for that....like I said have been researching Dallas and Austin....Just have come across a lot of bad aspects of the Dallas area...As I said size of the city really doesn't matter, my number one priority will be to find suitable employment...I did have a job offer in Omaha recently but the pay wasn't to well....unless I'm not factoring in the cost of living in that area...I may be to used to Australian wages!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 05:26 AM

13 posts, read 14,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Since you will not be bringing a vehicle with you, you might want to add a requirement that the area you move to would be a good place to live without one. If you have a law degree, I would look at Washington, DC as a good starting place. Jobs are still somewhat plentiful around here, and you could get by for a time without a car, living inside the beltway.
I have an international driving license so if I need a vehicle it should not be a problem, D.C. area is not what I am after!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.