Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 11:08 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,797,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
Thank You! I'm not from the eastern panhandle though. I'm from North Central WV. The eastern panhandle counties of Jefferson and Berkeley counties are actually included in the DC metro area so that makes sense that their salaries and house values dwarf the rest of the state. Charleston-Huntington and areas in between has become suburbia with steep home prices too.
I knew a pedal steel player from Elkins, West VA and my sister went to school at Mary Baldwin college and knew a very nice looking gal from Elkins. West Virginia really is underrated in its beauty.

But at least John Denver wrote a song about it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltwaybruiser View Post
I thought John Denver's song was about "Rocky Mountain High Colorado"
I'm refering to "Country Roads".

"... Almost Heaven, West Virginia.........."

Old 08-29-2007, 11:22 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
You have more money than someone from Fairfax County Virginia? I think not. It's just that we have the highest median income in the Country, at over 100,000$. You richer than me? I hope not. Haha, more intelligent than someone raised in Fairfax County, with one of the best school systems in the country. I wonder how we compare to West Virginia.

What next, an internet "my thingy is bigger than your thingy" contest?

This thread took a quick nosedive.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:43 PM

Quote:
West Virginia... almost heaven... sure... but Virginia IS HEAVEN.
I agree. Us Virginians are just a tad superior. We have the best of the best here. Mother of 8 presidents, PATSY CLINE, General Lee's manners, and spoonbread !

Old 08-29-2007, 11:49 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,989,661 times
Quote:
You have more money than someone from Fairfax County Virginia? I think not. It's just that we have the highest median income in the Country, at over 100,000$. You richer than me? I hope not. Haha, more intelligent than someone raised in Fairfax County, with one of the best school systems in the country. I wonder how we compare to West Virginia.

Oh yes, I forgot because the average median income in Fairfax county is more than my county, that automatically made ME poorer than everyone in Fairfax. Silly me, I forgot sorry. Lets see, I'm 20 years old, I've had 4 brand new vehicles, 3 of which I totaled within a year of turning 16. I currently have a 3 series. I'm in my Junior year of college, and I have NO DEBT to repay at all. My parents pay for it in full. My parents pay my rent on my 4 bedroom apartment, I have a pool, tanning bed, and gym. My 5 Visa card bills go to my mom and she pays them, and they send me about 400 a week to live on.. (Keep in mind I do sound spoiled people, but I'm an only child and yes I'm spoiled but not a brat. I share almost everything and anything with my friends) So now we've covered my familys income, should I bring my house and education into this? Naa, I really don't think so. Tell me a little about yourself though?! I'm just dieing to hear it But yes, I can only imagine how the kids in Fairfax county are living.. I sure do envy them. Also my cousin went to George Mason in Fairfax... and in high school I used to take weekend trips to Tysons and Tysons 2. I like the area, I'm not saying I don't but don't start bashing me and telling me I'm poor and a redneck when you clearly have no F*CKING clue what you're talking about

West Virginia.... Wild and Wonderful

Old 08-29-2007, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
What next, an internet "my thingy is bigger than your thingy" contest?

This thread took a quick nosedive.
well speaking of which! ha ha

Old 08-30-2007, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Virginia is for lovers... not haters like you. I know how great Virginia is and how trashy West Virginia is. Isn't George Mason a Great school? My dad went there. But i'm looking ionto Virginia Tech. UVA just isn't for me. I eard that West Virginians come to Virginia all the time to go shopping and to see tourist attractions... and Virginia has plenty of both. Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens.
Well I personally don't care for George Mason. My sister went there in the early 90s and hated it.

I like William and Mary and Washington And Lee and also Virginia Commonwealth U. because its really artsy.

The students at GM are very party oriented and kind of shallow. The girls are kinda cute but in a cheap way. A lot of more real beauties at UVA oh and esp- Sweet Briar and Mary Baldwin....

Fairfax county is nice to visit, but I don't wanna live there.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:12 AM

6,048 posts, read 18,420,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
I'm refering to "Country Roads".

"... Almost Heaven, West Virginia.........."
The writers of "Take Me Home, Country Roads" are Bill Danoff and Taffy Nivert, along with John Denver. Details here: CD Baby: BILL DANOFF: I Guess He'd Rather Be In Colorado
and
here: Bill's Songs

Old 08-30-2007, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Well I personally don't care for George Mason. My sister went there in the early 90s and hated it.

I like William and Mary and Washington And Lee and also Virginia Commonwealth U. because its really artsy.

The students at GM are very party oriented and kind of shallow. The girls are kinda cute but in a cheap way. A lot of more real beauties at UVA oh and esp- Sweet Briar and Mary Baldwin....

That describes my cousin Christa perfectly... A PLASTIC... ha ha party type girl. She went to WVU (princton reviewed as the number 1 party school in the US) her first year, and well didn't do soooo great. So she went to GM and I think it took her like... 5 years to get a degree in journalism or something. I went to a concert there too. I was driving around to the concert with locals and they were even having a hard time getting there. The area has changed so much in the past few years. I wouldn't like living there either. North Arlington was nice though. Thats where I stayed.... Or was it South Arlington??? I think it was north. But I remember basically a highway dividing the two with one section being nice and the other section not being so nice.

I've been to William and Mary as well. I liked it too but its too small for my tastes. I'm considering VCU actually as one of my grad school options as well a few schools in Cali and New York. I'm searching for awesome regional and urban planning programs. I made a friend actually Monday night from Richmond at my campus' GSBA meeting. She transfered to MU this year. She's really really really sweet

Old 08-30-2007, 09:03 AM

5 posts, read 11,411 times
Quote:

Thank you Meade! We welcome most visitors, as long as they don't overstay their welcome... hint hint...

In addition, we are happy you don't live here! Although sometimes it seems like you wish you still did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.