Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 08:27 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,049,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
This may be the area he is getting at. Am pretty sure there is a huge area in LA, maybe bigger as single area

Elk Grove Village, IL - Google Maps
Yes that is what I mean !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 02:06 AM

274 posts, read 706,066 times
Seattle - Google Maps

Follow the Duwamish River south.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaboyd1 View Post
Seattle - Google Maps

Follow the Duwamish River south.
What ? Can you explain?

Old 01-17-2012, 05:49 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,312,201 times
Here are a few of the major warehouse clusters in NJ. The cluster in Cranbury has a bunch of buildings over 1 million sq feet (that's why it looks like it's zoomed in more than the others)

secaucus, nj - Google Maps

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Carlst...ersey&t=h&z=16

Cranbury, NJ - Google Maps

Raritan Center Parkway, Edison, NJ - Google Maps

Old 01-17-2012, 09:45 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,151,479 times
When I think of industrial zones, I think of Northwest Indiana from I-65 at 12 & 20, north up to Lake Michigan and goes all the way west to the Illinois border covering Gary, East Chicago, Hammond and Whiting continuous.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:41 PM

274 posts, read 706,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat209 View Post
What ? Can you explain?
See the river near the bottom of the link I posted? The industrial area continues with the river as you scroll down on the page til Boeing Field which is on the right (east) side of the river.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:44 PM

26,411 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Northwest Indiana. Do an aerial photo and streetview tour of northern Lake county from Gary to East Chicago and Lake Station. This is a huge steel mill and oil refinery corridor, basically along and north of the I-90.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:58 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
When I think of industrial zones, I think of Northwest Indiana from I-65 at 12 & 20, north up to Lake Michigan and goes all the way west to the Illinois border covering Gary, East Chicago, Hammond and Whiting continuous.
I drove through there back in the summer and it really did feel like an especially enormous industrial area. I was amazed by it. Looking at all these maps it's sort of hard to compare different ones just by sight.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:16 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
I don't remember where it was, but there were areas like that in Miami. Also, in Grand Rapids, Michigan there are a lot of "industrial parks".

Old 03-17-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat209 View Post
I was in the Toronto suburbs and I was shocked to see the industrial zones so big !! I have not seen industrial zones like this in the US get so big .My question is have you seen industrial zones in the US get big like this .

Any of the reading I have been doing is America economy is turning into a service sector and industrial zones are small and getting smaller.

I have never ever seen any big industrial zones like this in the US that they have in the Toronto suburbs like this.

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

wow after looking at all the replies here Toronto still seems to have more than most other cities in the US.

I also wonder if part may be do to the fact Canada putting car wash ,used cars ,car parts ,discont stores , U-hall ,cash shop ,storage ,auto body ,bicycle service ,computer store ,Beauty shop ,car sales ,tire sales ,rent a car ,windows ,Jewellers , cleaners ,car parts , part and transmission , oil filters for cars ,motors for cars ,furniture and mattress ,rental and services so on in these industrial zones !!! Where in the US it is mostly factories and warehouses.

Also what is strange in Canada more so Toronto these industrial zones are more tucked away in non grid system. Where in the US they are more along a straight road like in florida.

May be do to high robbery and burglary in florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.