Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2018, 10:47 PM

1 posts, read 416 times

Advertisements

Hey! So my two sisters and I are moving all of my oldest sister's stuff from San Francisco to Knoxville. We're thinking of staying in these places, but are worried about having a car full of stuff while we sleep overnight. Any opinions on the safety of these cities or better places to stay??

San Francisco to Zion
Zion to Santa Fe
Santa Fe to Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City to Nashville
Nashville to Knoxville

I'm not sure how comfortable I am staying IN Oklahoma City, because I know cities tend to have a higher crime rate, and it's not like NYC where there's so many people around all day and night. Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 05:23 AM

27,231 posts, read 43,971,352 times
It's much less about cities and more about where you plan to stay overnight. The more congested/busier highway exits with a lot of traffic brings more opportunity to become a victim, especially in bigger cities. A quieter suburban or rural highway exit with a well lit parking lot is probably your best bet. In Oklahoma City a place like this Home2 Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City - Yukon Hotel and in Nashville like this https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/bo...ogle:gmb:43183 are going to be preferable, and while not cheap offer the economics of avoiding issues which also quite often come from "budget" hotel properties.

Old 07-01-2018, 10:32 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,170,970 times
You could try to find airbnb locations with a garage so you can park securely indoors.

Old 07-02-2018, 11:58 AM

11,102 posts, read 7,168,155 times
You might also ask this on the General Moving Issues forum, where people tend to answer these kinds of questions .

Old 07-02-2018, 07:57 PM

16,093 posts, read 10,762,339 times
I made multiple trips between St.Louis and Albuquerque and often stayed in OKC or in Tulsa and never had a problem anywhere I stayed. I enjoyed going to Bricktown so I stayed downtown in OKC. Stay where there are plenty of lights on the parking lot and park within view of the registration office. I’ve not heard any bad stories about Santa Fe but car theft is a big business in Albuquerque, an hour away, so be cautious there too. The Santa Fe or OKC forums might have people who know more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.