Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 05:32 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times

Advertisements

I turn the heat way down in the winter so my room is cold and me and my girl cuddle up with 3 blankets, ill set a timer so it kicks in before i wake up.
When i wake up i go outside in my underwear and get the paper
Run in and make myself a Hot Chocolate and something to eat.
Put my clothes that i am about to wear in the dryer to warm em up, in the meantime take a shower.
Do my hair, put the warm clothes on and walk to the persons house we carpool with (hopefully he warmed up the car)

*That's how you survive a morning winter in Minnesota*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 11:28 AM

265 posts, read 801,648 times
Winter is much more than the cold and snow for me. I miss the smells and sounds (birds mostly) of summer. The short days get pretty depressing, as well as the overcast skies for 3-4 months. The roads are muddy and salty, making it impossible to keep your car clean inside and out. The landscape is dead, lawns turn brown and trees look ugly. 20% of the people at work are sick, sneezing and/or coughing all the time. You can't walk anywhere because of the snow.

Everything outside is dead and ugly for 6 months and that's the most depressing. Even worse when it is followed by a wet and cold summer (like last year) where you have 2 nice months in a year.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:43 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,621,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulf67 View Post
Winter is much more than the cold and snow for me. I miss the smells and sounds (birds mostly) of summer. The short days get pretty depressing, as well as the overcast skies for 3-4 months. The roads are muddy and salty, making it impossible to keep your car clean inside and out. The landscape is dead, lawns turn brown and trees look ugly. 20% of the people at work are sick, sneezing and/or coughing all the time. You can't walk anywhere because of the snow.

Everything outside is dead and ugly for 6 months and that's the most depressing. Even worse when it is followed by a wet and cold summer (like last year) where you have 2 nice months in a year.

Then why do you live in Boyne City, Mi ?

Old 02-09-2012, 10:04 AM

265 posts, read 801,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Then why do you live in Boyne City, Mi ?
That's what I have been asking myself in the last few years. I sold my house so now I just need to find another job somewhere south and I am out of here.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:47 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Wow Northern Michigan is seriously a really beautiful part of the country. If i was forced to leave Minnesota without hesitation i would be in Michigan in a heartbeat

Old 02-09-2012, 06:43 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,880,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
Wow Northern Michigan is seriously a really beautiful part of the country. If i was forced to leave Minnesota without hesitation i would be in Michigan in a heartbeat
Ditto! Well, not without hesitation, but N. Wisconsin, the U.P. of Michigan, N. Michigan, N. New York, Maine, NH, VT are all up there for great places to experience the classic "log cabin" feel, perfect for writing the next Great American Novel! (not me though -- I don't rite so gud!)

Old 02-09-2012, 07:31 PM

26,420 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
Ditto! Well, not without hesitation, but N. Wisconsin, the U.P. of Michigan, N. Michigan, N. New York, Maine, NH, VT are all up there for great places to experience the classic "log cabin" feel, perfect for writing the next Great American Novel! (not me though -- I don't rite so gud!)
If you want some good spots in NH to visit send me a DM. I have been to most rural areas of the state and nearly every road in Carroll county.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:04 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,880,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
If you want some good spots in NH to visit send me a DM. I have been to most rural areas of the state and nearly every road in Carroll county.
Would LOVE to have a reason to take a trip that direction, but unfortunately, pickens are slim and anything we can get for travel purposes will go to see family/friends in Chicago, Minneapolis and San Francisco first. If we ever do an East Coast trip, I'll PM you -- thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.