Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 01:29 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,191,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Chicago is less than 1/3 black. It's roughly a straight up mix of black, white and hispanic with a small asian minority.

I feel like everyone always thinks its much more black than it really is. Why is that?

Hispanics are easily the second largest group in the metro after whites. There are about 2 million hispanics.
Because, Chicago is segregated. The Southside is black for miles, and so is the westside.

Anyway... I got the feeling that some people have no idea how Hispanic Chicago(the metro too) has become. Not only are they the largest minority in the metro, but for the first time in history, CPS District 299 enrolled more Hispanic students than black students in 2011
Illinois Interactive Report Card

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 01-23-2012 at 01:37 PM..

Old 01-23-2012, 01:48 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,597,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
The only part of this country where the rural areas aren't overwhelmingly white are the south and maybe southern California.
This shows a severe lack of knowledge about America.

All you have to do to understand the change that is happening in America is to read CD Forum posts in the midwest and great plains states areas. Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa, Minnesota and etc. are all showing a boom in Hispanic population. This is due to a need to fill jobs which many Americans don't want to do, especially in meat processing and packing.

The turkey farms of western Minnesota and cattle stockyards and meat packing areas of Oklahoma and Kansas and hog confinements and processing and packaging plants in Iowa mostly employ Hispanics, legal and illegal.

OP, if you would stop eating meat and eggs you could enjoy more years of White dominance in America!

Old 01-23-2012, 01:54 PM

1,103 posts, read 2,260,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale the male View Post
Where in America (or elsewhere) should we live, or what should such people do.

me and my dog Fido are a little worried about white people becoming the minority. Some have accused me of raising a bigoted but isn't that a harsh accusation?

Also, is there anything logical about wanting a community to stay predominately white (such as, not wanting it to drop below 80% white). Its logical to prefer vanilla ice cream over chocolate if that's what you prefer, because your taste buds make you prefer it.
So , is it just as logical or necessary when it comes to race.
anywhere in the northeast or northwest.

boston, seattle, and portland (maine or oregon) would be good choices. as liberal as they are, they're very whitebred areas. i have the same line of thinking as you and we're right. race is more than a social construct, it is a cultural and genetic construct and it deserves to be segregated and preserved.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:14 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,211,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale the male View Post
Where in America (or elsewhere) should we live, or what should such people do.

me and my dog Fido are a little worried about white people becoming the minority. Some have accused me of raising a bigoted but isn't that a harsh accusation?

Also, is there anything logical about wanting a community to stay predominately white (such as, not wanting it to drop below 80% white). Its logical to prefer vanilla ice cream over chocolate if that's what you prefer, because your taste buds make you prefer it.
So , is it just as logical or necessary when it comes to race.
If your worried about this you should not live in the united states its just going to get worste. I just lost it after i read about your dog fido being worried.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:16 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,211,615 times
i could not belive how many mexicans were in chicago when i visited especially the suburbs. I went to the woodfeild mall and all i saw was mexicans.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:40 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,250,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
race is more than a social construct, it is a cultural and genetic construct and it deserves to be segregated and preserved.
It must be incredibly frustrating to be a racist in 2011. People today frown upon those who advocate separate water fountains, the public burning of crosses and random lynchings - acts that were at one time effective in keeping the different races "segregated and preserved." The only venue left where one can safely express such bigotry is on internet forums, hiding safely behind anonymous nicknames. How sad for them.

Last edited by Pine to Vine; 01-23-2012 at 03:23 PM..

Old 01-23-2012, 03:09 PM

93,193 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
This shows a severe lack of knowledge about America.

All you have to do to understand the change that is happening in America is to read CD Forum posts in the midwest and great plains states areas. Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa, Minnesota and etc. are all showing a boom in Hispanic population. This is due to a need to fill jobs which many Americans don't want to do, especially in meat processing and packing.

The turkey farms of western Minnesota and cattle stockyards and meat packing areas of Oklahoma and Kansas and hog confinements and processing and packaging plants in Iowa mostly employ Hispanics, legal and illegal.

OP, if you would stop eating meat and eggs you could enjoy more years of White dominance in America!
Even in these cases, they are more the exception and not the rule in those states. Oklahoma might be the exception due to also having a relatively high Native American and good sized Black population, in which both groups are spread out among urban, suburban and rural areas in that state.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:02 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,597,105 times
My point is that ethnic change started in the rural areas of the Midwest and Great Plains long ago and is continuing to change.

We could of course argue about what is the "majority" now - but it can no longer be said or assumed that ALL rural areas are predominantly "white". SOME rural areas of the Midwest and Great Plains are predominantly, if not completely, Hispanic.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:31 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,333,532 times
Quote:
The only part of this country where the rural areas aren't overwhelmingly white are the south and maybe southern California.
That is exactly why I stated the rural areas of the Northwest, Northeast, and midwest. Because I know the southwest (southern California, Arizona, and New Mexico) and south (Texas to virginia) all have sizable non-white populations outside of the major cities.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:08 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
Also The Southwest like New Mexico, Texas, Arizona..

...Central and SE WA, Eastern OR, Southern ID, Southern CO......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.