Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 09:39 PM

604 posts, read 1,521,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
This shows a severe lack of knowledge about America.

All you have to do to understand the change that is happening in America is to read CD Forum posts in the midwest and great plains states areas. Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa, Minnesota and etc. are all showing a boom in Hispanic population. This is due to a need to fill jobs which many Americans don't want to do, especially in meat processing and packing.

The turkey farms of western Minnesota and cattle stockyards and meat packing areas of Oklahoma and Kansas and hog confinements and processing and packaging plants in Iowa mostly employ Hispanics, legal and illegal.

OP, if you would stop eating meat and eggs you could enjoy more years of White dominance in America!

LOL obviously this person hasn't traveled many of the western states. Alot of the inter mountain west is filled with hispanics.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:50 PM

83 posts, read 163,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
It must be incredibly frustrating to be a racist in 2011. People today frown upon those who advocate separate water fountains, the public burning of crosses and random lynchings - acts that were at one time effective in keeping the different races "segregated and preserved." The only venue left where one can safely express such bigotry is on internet forums, hiding safely behind anonymous nicknames. How sad for them.
What would you do , if anything, if you heard people having a conversation like this in public?

Old 01-23-2012, 10:05 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,288,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale the male View Post
What would you do , if anything, if you heard people having a conversation like this in public?
Personally, I'd just be grateful that I was raised better than them.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:15 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,505,222 times
Quote:
Where in America (or elsewhere) should we live, or what should such people do.

me and my dog Fido are a little worried about white people becoming the minority. Some have accused me of raising a bigoted but isn't that a harsh accusation?

Also, is there anything logical about wanting a community to stay predominately white (such as, not wanting it to drop below 80% white). Its logical to prefer vanilla ice cream over chocolate if that's what you prefer, because your taste buds make you prefer it.
So , is it just as logical or necessary when it comes to race.
Utah. I don't think they've seen a person of color since Joseph Smith & Co. ran off the western Native Americans back in the 19th century.

*Disclaimer* Dale the Male, please don't take this seriously. It's what we call, in the 21st century, sarcasm.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:23 PM

90 posts, read 257,982 times
I am white and am from an area where pretty much everyone speaks English as their first (and only) language. I moved to a city where almost everyone speaks Spanish. Today I was at the doctor's office with my daughter, and I realized we were the only white people there and the only native-English speakers. There were probably 30 other people there. Let me tell you, the language divide is harder to get accustomed to, than a racial difference. I don't really even think about the race thing, but I sometimes feel shy or awkward because I have a hard time finding some people to talk to. I feel out of place a little because I need to learn Spanish. But as for being a minority as a white person, it's not as big of a deal as you think it might be. It makes me think about what it must be like to be a minority in another area, in a time when you also had fewer rights, if you were not white. I'm much luckier than people who have had to deal with things like that. Being the only white person around is not that big of a deal.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:27 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,522,258 times
Quote:
me and my dog Fido are a little worried about white people becoming the minority. Some have accused me of raising a bigoted but isn't that a harsh accusation?
Does your dog Fido just feel uncomfortable around Mexicans or something? Had a bad experience with a tamale, maybe?

Old 01-23-2012, 10:27 PM

24 posts, read 59,843 times
The Pacific Northwest is very white. Seattle and Portland are both very white. If Seattle and Portland are not white enough for you, you could go somewhere like Spokane, Boise, or Eugene. If you ever wanted diversity I would recommend Miami.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:07 AM

83 posts, read 163,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleGuy98121 View Post
The Pacific Northwest is very white. Seattle and Portland are both very white. If Seattle and Portland are not white enough for you, you could go somewhere like Spokane, Boise, or Eugene. If you ever wanted diversity I would recommend Miami.
I have "grass is always greener" syndrome and I've already started packing my bags to move to Miami.

When I feel ready to turn back to my "very white" agenda I'll just move back to some lily white state.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:54 AM

36,657 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Non Hispanic White Population, 2010 Census
Pittsburgh-New Castle 87.3%
Albany-Schenectady-Amsterdam 85.0%
Des Moines-Newton-Pella 85.0%
Boise City-Nampa 81.9%
Cincinnati-Middletown-Wilmington 81.9%
Buffalo-Niagara Cattaraugus 80.3%
Minneapolis-St Paul-St Cloud 79.7%
Rochester-Batavia-Seneca Falls 79.3%
Lousville/Jefferson County-Elizabethtown-Scottsburg 79.2%
Omaha-Council Bluffs-Fremont, NE-IA 79.1%
Salt Lake City-Ogden-Clearfield 77.9%
Boston-Worcester-Manchester 77.7%
Columbus-Marion-Chillicothe 77.7%
Indianapolis-Anderson-Columbus 76.9%
Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro 76.3%
St Louis-St Charles-Farmington 75.5%
Cleveland-Akron-Elyria 75.0%
Kansas City-Overland Park-Kansas City 74.9%
Nashville Davidson-Murfreesboro-Columbia 74.3%
Hartford-West Hartford-Willimantic 72.8%
Seattle-Tacoma-Olympia 70.1%
Milwaukee-Racine-Waukesha 69.6%
Detroit-Warren-Flint 69.3%
Little Rock-North Little Rock-Pine Bluff 69.0%
Oklahoma city-Shawnee 67.8%
Tampa-St Petersburg-Clearwater 67.5%
Anchorage 67.4%
Denver-Aurora-Boulder 67.2%
Greensboro-Winston Salem-High Point 67.0%
Birmingham-Hoover-Cullman 66.9%
Philadelphia-Camden-Vineland 65.4%
Charlotte-Gastonia-Salisbury 65.1%
Raleigh-Durham-Cary 61.1%
Orlando-Deltona-Daytona Beach 58.9%
Phoenix-Mesa-Glendale 58.7%
Sacramento-Arden Arcade-Yuba City 57.4%
Austin-Round Rock-Marble Falls 55.2%
Chicago-Naperville-Michigan City 55.5%
New Orleans-Metairie-Bogalusa 54.3%
Washington-Baltimore-Northern Virginia 53.2%
Dallas-Ft Worth 51.9%
New York-Newark-Bridgeport 51.7%
Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Gainesville 51.5%

Under 50.0%
Las Vegas-Paradise-Pahrump 48.6%
San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos 48.5%
San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland 43.0%
Albuquerque 42.2%
Houston-Baytown-Huntsville 40.0%
San Antonio-New Braunfels 36.1%
Miami-Ft Lauderdale-Pompano Beach 34.8%
Los Angeles-Long Beach-Riverside 33.6%
Fresno-Madera 33.5%
Honolulu 19.1%

Old 01-24-2012, 07:21 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,255,733 times
Quote:
I would walk away, thankful that such rare and isolated bigotry represents just a tiny and ever-more dwindling fraction of the population whose ignorant views were long-ago dismissed as a sign of little if any education or proper upbringing.

In fact, I think I'll do that with this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.