Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 12:43 AM

374 posts, read 1,124,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
Some of the hottest girls I've ever met are in Toledo. It's like a city full of Jennifer Anistons (circa Friends season 3). Who can be miserable with that talent to look at? That reason alone de-validates this list.
Where you saw these girls at???? I saw more of that in Chicago than Toledo, but Chicago made the list too so I guess you still got point....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 09:13 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,105,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffredo View Post
Yeah, I take a lot of stock in a list that includes a city because its sports team is doing poorly. Sac is fine. If for some reason I had to leave San Francisco it would be on my short list of cities to move to.
Driving trucks, I've grown to hate certain areas while being extremely open to other ones.
I'm not much of a sports fan either.

That said, my career as a truck driver will be extremely short-lived due to refusing to take loads outside of the southwest.
With all the negativity I encounter towards my job in certain areas, it's no wonder I've come to label places like the Northwest as off-limits for me.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:03 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,386,875 times
even though these lists are generally bogus (i can think of about 30 different cities in flyover states that suck worse than miami), i'm kind of glad to see south florida getting crapped on.

but seriously, when discussing miserable cities (for whatever criteria), 1-10 should all be in ohio.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:59 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Enough of the hate for South Florida attributed to some weak negative (heat/humidity, etc) that can be applied to many other areas of the country. It is what it is, overt racism from bigots who are too pathetic to admit it openly as this poll was about the real estate market...nothing else.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:16 PM

116 posts, read 384,311 times
Dubuque, Iowa

Old 02-07-2012, 08:30 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,105,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Enough of the hate for South Florida attributed to some weak negative (heat/humidity, etc) that can be applied to many other areas of the country. It is what it is, overt racism from bigots who are too pathetic to admit it openly as this poll was about the real estate market...nothing else.
I've never been anywhere below the 10 freeway in Florida.
It's one of those "mysteries" that a self-funded road trip would be able to rectify.

After seeing that '85 Day of the Dead by George Romero, I've always wanted check out Ft Myers.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:31 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,678 times
Quote:
Fail by you on the racist comment.... If that was the case, they would hate other cities that are more diverse than Miami.... like LA, NYC, Houston, SF etc.

The reality is that Miami represents all that is reprehensible about American culture like gluttony, greed, materialism, fake, ignorance, etc.

I know all places in America have these traits these days, but Miami is the capitol of it

Old 02-07-2012, 08:49 PM

886 posts, read 1,564,050 times
Orlando, Atlanta, Tampa, and D.C.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:24 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Fail by you on the racist comment.... If that was the case, they would hate other cities that are more diverse than Miami.... like LA, NYC, Houston, SF etc.

The reality is that Miami represents all that is reprehensible about American culture like gluttony, greed, materialism, fake, ignorance, etc.

I know all places in America have these traits these days, but Miami is the capitol of it
No, it's not a fail and comparing South Florida's general population to LA, NYC and SF among others is actually a big fail. It's not a well-educated or sophisticated population living in South Florida and their perception of the "invasion" of Spanish-speaking immigrants is the driving force behind the ill content. The northward migration of native South Floridians who feel the need to escape it has been under way for many years and a source of very visible tension. Furthermore to suggest that Miami is the capital of greed, gluttony, materialism and ignorance is your biggest fail comment yet. Have you ever been to NYC, LA, San Francisco, Boston, DC and a score of other big cities?

Old 02-08-2012, 03:26 PM

518 posts, read 448,784 times
Quote:
No, it's not a fail and comparing South Florida's general population to LA, NYC and SF among others is actually a big fail. It's not a well-educated or sophisticated population living in South Florida and their perception of the "invasion" of Spanish-speaking immigrants is the driving force behind the ill content. The northward migration of native South Floridians who feel the need to escape it has been under way for many years and a source of very visible tension. Furthermore to suggest that Miami is the capital of greed, gluttony, materialism and ignorance is your biggest fail comment yet. Have you ever been to NYC, LA, San Francisco, Boston, DC and a score of other big cities?

I guess Nick Saban knew what he was doing when he got out of that overrated miserable city when he left the Dolphins for a more prestigious job. It was so funny how everyone was busting his chops over the move but now look at him. Flourishing professionally and living in a modest underrated city and state with fantastic cost of living and very easy convenient access to beaches every bit as beautiful as South Florida (the emerald coast of Baldwin County, AL to Destin and Panama City Beach, FL are only a 3 hour drive away) and his lake home in the beautiful north Georgia mountains are only a 4 hour drive away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.