Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 03:40 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorpc View Post
Right, ok, cool...

So anybody have anything good to say? Seriously, it's getting ridiculous.

Ok, so here we go - I went to Chicago for the first time (!!!) in June. Yeah, I know... I'm 4 hours away and I'd never been. I just never had reason to go up there! Chicago was always the "big city" up north. But, wow... its reputation is deserved. What a cool place! The Chicago river pretty neat, running through downtown... and REAL Chicago deep dish is something everyone MUST try. I loved all the activity downtown, the public transportation, and even Navy Pier was great... went to a restaurant that had some live jazz playing. To all those from Chi town... I love your city!
Glad to hear you liked it! Ive never met a person who visited and disliked it. There are some people from LA who'd argue otherwise, but thats ok. Youd need to spend at least a month downtown, theres so much to do/see/eat/visit/etc. Come back anytime!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2007, 03:44 PM

30 posts, read 114,308 times
Yeah, it really was pretty great! Better than I expected, even. We saw "The Color Purple" at the theater downtown (Empire theater, I think?) What a good time. No worries... I'll definitely be back!

Old 09-05-2007, 03:45 PM

2,247 posts, read 7,029,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
Your maturity level astounds me. What are you, 7? Give it a rest.
Lol. You really do brighten up my day.

Next time you and Steveo pass through Indy on your way to "better" cities, stop by the North Side. I can show you two a good time!

Old 09-05-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts View Post
Next time you and Steveo pass through Indy on your way to "better" cities, stop by the North Side. I can show you two a good time!
Does that involve leather masks, whips and chains? I think Ill, uh, pass, thanks.

Old 09-05-2007, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Does that involve leather masks, whips and chains? I think Ill, uh, pass, thanks.
You have a sick mind

Old 09-05-2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
You have a sick mind
Hey, I aint the one who invited 2 strangers to his house to "have a good time".

j/k

Old 09-05-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Hey, I aint the one who invited 2 strangers to his house to "have a good time".

j/k
This is how stuff gets started. Nowhere did I mention my apartment in my post. I was really being serious about showing you guys around (if you wanted of course) but you think everything is a damn joke. I'm done though. DEUCES

Old 09-05-2007, 04:20 PM

Quote:
This is how stuff gets started. Nowhere did I mention my apartment in my post. I was really being serious about showing you guys around (if you wanted of course) but you think everything is a damn joke. I'm done though. DEUCES
I tried to offer some kind words to you on the end of page 5, but you ignored it and then made it sound like I was the one who said I only go through Indy when Im on my way to other towns. I NEVER said that.

And in case you didnt notice, I put a little "j/k" at the bottom of my last post. You know what that means, right?

Old 09-05-2007, 04:23 PM

Quote:
I tried to offer some kind words to you on the end of page 5, but you ignored it and then made it sound like I was the one who said I only go through Indy when Im on my way to other towns. I NEVER said that.
My apologies. And you're right, ajf is the only one stupid enough to say such a thing; however that doesn't mean you haven't implied it.

I have a question: Are you a native Chicagoan? Because if you are I'm tired of people from Chicago bring this "I'm from Chicago and anyplace on the planet that is not Chicago sucks" mentality.

Old 09-05-2007, 04:26 PM

Quote:
My apologies. I have a question however: Are you a native Chicagoan? Because if you are I'm tired of people from Chicago bring this "I'm from Chicago and anyplace on the planet that is not Chicago sucks" mentality.

No, Im not a native Chicagoan, Ive never lived in the city limits. Ive lived all over the area for the past 30 years though (Carol Stream, West Chicago, Naperville, Sycamore, Warrenville, Dixon, Lombard, Bartlett).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.