Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 04:04 PM

46 posts, read 77,379 times

Advertisements

I lived in NYS and the DMV system is stink and bias toward disabled people and i want to see what other state that i can apply and help me and receive a learner permit / driver license with a few exception

*Don't need proof of resident information

*Less paperwork

*And if possible take care of it online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 05:01 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,870,170 times
I'm not understanding how you think you can just get a driver's license/learner permit online-- ultimately for the tests, you have to physically be there and provide a car (renting a car just won't work). I think just about all states require that you be a resident of that state. In this case, you'll just have to work with the NYS DMV or move out somewhere else.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:21 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,599,691 times
Resident information is pretty important in every state.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:58 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,348,360 times
I agree with the posters above, you need to provide proof of residence. To answer your question about states that are easy, I remember hearing that in Texas, there is not even a road test, your parent just needs to sign off that you drove x amount of hours and you have a license (not sure if that is true anymore though.) I personally say that your best bet is to find an easier DMV in NYS to take your drivers test at (for example, taking it in rural upstate would be WAY easier than taking it in NYC.)

Old 02-18-2012, 07:53 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,190,713 times
So you're considering relocating to pass your driver's exam instead of just bearing down and studying hard for the NY exam? Seems illogical, to me.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:31 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,870,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
So you're considering relocating to pass your driver's exam instead of just bearing down and studying hard for the NY exam? Seems illogical, to me.
I don't really think he's looking to relocate. This is not the first time on C-D someone from NYS tried to "shop" around for easy states to get their driver licenses/permits. It does make me wonder what's so "hard/bad" about the NYS DMV.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:16 PM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
I don't really think he's looking to relocate. This is not the first time on C-D someone from NYS tried to "shop" around for easy states to get their driver licenses/permits. It does make me wonder what's so "hard/bad" about the NYS DMV.
It also makes me suspicious as to why OP wants to skirt the system.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:17 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,958,879 times
Just what we need. An online drivers test. That'll make me feel really safe on the roads.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:56 AM

46 posts, read 77,379 times
Well how am i supposes to know...............is just a question!

Anyway the reason why i ask because i fell the system is "bias" toward disabled people and i one of them and even thought the office by laws are suppose to help the disabled but when you get there they don't offer nothing and in some experience that i dealt with have a strong racist view toward the disabled and that is disturbing and racist

I know this will sound like a political rant but i want to point out one thing i am sorry that this have happen to me "from my accident" and is life but i don't want someone feel sorry for me but feel sorry for all the people disabled and not disabled who have bend discrimination on a daily basic by store and the government and is have to stop !

and since i got out of the way..............as i said the test is bias and is not here the doing this but in ireland too when i apply for a irish driving license on my last trip and they setup time/date of the my appointment by the internet and pay for it i even call them to confirm it and ask them is it accessible because i am partially paralyzed and that i use a wheelchair for mobility and they told me "is was" and when my father drove me down is a mobile test truck and "no accessibility" and when i say to the gentleman i told them that i was disabled and he look at his document and guess what there was no mention that i need special accommodation but lucky enough i have the e-mail to show i was disabled and in need assistance but he can't do anything but he saw there was an error and he took my information and someone will back to me and the next day i got a called from this and i explain and she ask what happen and i explain in detail i even got the e-mail tell them i was disabled and they knew but in there system there was no such information and the conversation when from civil to a point she was becoming racist english b!@#$ and keep on repeating and never offer nothing and that i got her name and id and i reported her to the

DTT / RAS = Theory test
My local TD = Under the disability discrimination act
National Disability Authority = They monitor the government and ensure the disabled are not discriminated

and that right before i leave and heard back to america the RSA that run the theory test program call me and heard what happen and apology and that is was unacceptable behavior with the agent and they add that they credit my card and told me that if i need assistance just let them know because my father left me property and i want to return there and take resident..........so you see how the state and government look at and treat me where the irish government take responsibility and assist me

Old 02-19-2012, 11:58 AM

145 posts, read 257,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Just what we need. An online drivers test. That'll make me feel really safe on the roads.
I know right...I already don't feel safe on the road with these dumbasses who do manage to pass the test for some odd reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.