Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 12:34 PM

74 posts, read 230,903 times

Advertisements

Anyone have input regarding cities with the most biracial families? My wife and I currently are in the Midwest and we don't get treated bad by most people, everyone for the most part is quite nice. But it is our desire to be somewhere with more diverse professionals. I am black and she is white, it would be great to be able to be somewhere it isn't uncommon to see and meet other biracial families and couples!

Any help would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 12:37 PM

10,261 posts, read 12,516,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saywhuut View Post
Anyone have input regarding cities with the most biracial families? My wife and I currently are in the Midwest and we don't get treated bad by most people, everyone for the most part is quite nice. But it is our desire to be somewhere with more diverse professionals. I am black and she is white, it would be great to be able to be somewhere it isn't uncommon to see and meet other biracial families and couples!

//www.city-data.com/forum/city-...ack-women.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/gener...-possible.html

Old 03-13-2011, 03:55 PM

1,937 posts, read 4,713,828 times
Quote:
anyone have input regarding cities with the most biracial families? My wife and i currently are in the midwest and we don't get treated bad by most people, everyone for the most part is quite nice. But it is our desire to be somewhere with more diverse professionals. I am black and she is white, it would be great to be able to be somewhere it isn't uncommon to see and meet other biracial families and couples!

atlanta, period...............

Old 03-13-2011, 04:01 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,993 times
Los Angeles or Long Beach.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:13 PM

10,261 posts, read 12,516,510 times
Big cities of California
Minneapolis
Denver
DC
Houston
Miami,Tampa
Seattle

Old 03-13-2011, 04:17 PM

74 posts, read 230,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french paris View Post
Big cities of California
Minneapolis
Denver
DC
Houston
Miami,Tampa
Seattle
I am glad to see Denver on this list. I wil research that city the most. Tons of sunny days and beautiful nature and relatively safe.

Thanks

Old 03-13-2011, 07:54 PM

93,414 posts, read 124,120,588 times
Don't sleep on Columbus OH, Minneapolis, diverse cities in Northern NJ/NYC metro, diverse cities/suburbs in the Boston area, the DC metro(particularly Montgomery County MD and Northern Virginia) and major college towns(particularly in the Midwest and Northeast). Many areas in the West should be fine too.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:45 AM

1 posts, read 5,358 times
Default best cites for biracial families

my husband and i are looking to move out of jersey. we would like to know where is nest for i racial familes since we have 3 children. we would like to move to california possibly because of our cna profession. please help us.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:48 AM

93,414 posts, read 124,120,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeastman View Post
my husband and i are looking to move out of jersey. we would like to know where is nest for i racial familes since we have 3 children. we would like to move to california possibly because of our cna profession. please help us.
What are you looking for in a community?

Old 03-02-2012, 09:09 AM

5,522 posts, read 8,778,165 times
Quote:

New York City for starters. On the Upper West Side I see every conceivable combination of family possible--mixed marriagies (man and woman), mixed marriages (Jew and Gentile), mixed marriages (white and black, Hispanic and black, Asian and white), gay marriages, and a whole plethora of trans-racial adoptions. Nobody bats an eyelash, and the kids of all these familes go to public school togther and love it. When my kids were little they'd bring their friends home and it would be a veritable little UN there--one from Vietnam, one from Serbia, one from Puerto Rico, one from South Carolina, etc etc. Similarly try Montclari, NJ which is famous for its hospitality to "non-traditional' families and its large number of them. Both area areas are mainly affluent and professional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.