Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 07:53 AM

27 posts, read 70,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Even if leftists are good at language, it doesn't change the fact that they're terrible at math.

From my experience, Asian people are good neighbors who improve the quality of local life.
Yes, it starts with few "good" neighbors but ends with a despicable Chinatown. Not sure where you are but be free to visit us here in Queens NY and see how few "good" neighbors turned our nice and quite area into a booming temple of hell when they invited "feeewwww" other "good" neighbors to join them for American Dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Even if leftists are good at language, it doesn't change the fact that they're terrible at math.

From my experience, Asian people are good neighbors who improve the quality of local life.
How ? Please give your experiences or just expand on the points made bellow:

a. Overcrowding
b. Increasing price of housing and rents
c. Competitive schooling with accent on memorization, lack of outside social activity, neurosis, etc.
d. Taking jobs from locals at Post Offices, Social Services, Corporate Offices
e. Abiding by rules and regulations in regards to construction, cleanliness, and import controls, corruption.
f. Hiring local Americans and not illegals and paying them fair wages
g. Sharing profits in payable taxes, community improvements, building healthy recreational facilities
h. Keeping money in their own loop and general lack or need for external economy - general lack of integrating into it in a fair manner.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:

How ? Please give your experiences or just expand on the points made bellow:

a. Overcrowding
b. Increasing price of housing and rents
c. Competitive schooling with accent on memorization, lack of outside social activity, neurosis, etc.
d. Taking jobs from locals at Post Offices, Social Services, Corporate Offices
e. Abiding by rules and regulations in regards to construction, cleanliness, and import controls,
corruption.
f. Hiring local Americans and not illegals and paying them fair wages
g. Sharing profits in payable taxes, community improvements, building healthy recreational facilities
h. Keeping money in their own loop and general lack or need for external economy - general disregard for
local rules / regulation / respect.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:26 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,563,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I wonder how many polled have actually been to these states. I have never been to Hawaii but I know it is very expensive to live there plus leaving it for another state requires a plane trip but who knows, if I lived there maybe I wouldn't want to leave.

But, I'm going to have to agree with California, not only for its politics but for its high cost of living (somebody pays for all of that spending and regulation) and traffic (shoot me now if I had to deal with LA traffic every day). If California's population was cut by about 60 percent, maybe I'd like it more.
So, how long did you live in CA?

CA is 26th in spending per capita. That’s less than spendthrift states like Oklahoma. Per Capita State Spending - Kaiser State Health Facts

Because two-thirds of its population is concentrated in three metro areas, there are huge amounts of open space in the surrounding area. Despite being home of 4 of the 17 largest MSAs in the country, Table of United States Metropolitan Statistical Areas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, CA’s population density is less than FL or OH. population density of all u.s. states smallest to largest

I’m sorry, but there’s only so much stereotype I can stomach.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:12 PM

13 posts, read 17,454 times
Louisiana #1
Alabama #2
Mississippi #3

New Jersey #50
New York #49
coin flip between Maine, NH, Vermont, Mass, RI for #48

Old 08-04-2012, 12:09 AM

19 posts, read 29,446 times
I've lived in California and am currently living in Minnesota. I found California to be a very pleasant place to live as long as you were on the coast, preferably northern. It is truly a beautiful state with nice weather. My parents moved my brother and I to Minnesota (where my dad grew up) a few years ago because of the increasing rate of immigration and everything brought with it and the cost of living. Where we were able to afford living just didn't end up being a nice area because it was getting filled up with Hispanic immigrants who brought crime and drugs to the town that didn't have much of it before.

Minnesota is also a beautiful state in very much an understated way. I can say so many good things about it. The only bad things are bugs, but we have lots of bugs because of the beautiful lakes. And the close-minded people. The two places I've lived in Minnesota have people who don't care much for outsiders and I think it's mostly because most of them are not very well traveled and maybe even haven't left the state of the midwest. But it really depends on the area. The urban area in the Twin Cities has a lot of well traveled people, but the rural areas are cheap, which mean lower income families. Most of Minnesota is probably not very well traveled. I mean I live in a town where most of my classmates (Am a senior this year in high school) hardly leave the town to go to college. If they do they end up going to the few colleges that are 4 hours or less from here (which is not saying much when I live at the very top of MN). People here (from what I've experienced, again, no disrespect intended) just seem to be less ambitious in life and exploring the country and world then other places where there is more culture.

With all that said, my grandparents live in a wonderful town in the Monterey Bay area that they got into in the 70's luckily, because otherwise they would not be able to afford it. I love their town, the beach, the friendly people, their home. I intend to move in with them after I graduate and attend the community college out there before transferring to college who knows where in the US.

Just thought I would give my two cents on two states. California; which probably doesn't deserve all the bad rep it has completely, and Minnesota; which many people don't understand how truly wonderful the state really is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.