Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 05:45 PM

637 posts, read 1,015,622 times

Advertisements

I wonder if there are any statistics that record co-habitating couples, or non-married couples. I bet the statistics on interracial couples would shoot up for the Northeast, which has low rates of marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 06:06 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,218,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I can provide plenty of examples of purebred "white" Caucasians that look weird as hell. Most of the "multiracial" people I know actually are fairly good looking. Some of the hottest girls I've known have been part Chinese/Black/Italian/Swedish/Puerto Rican and so on. Just like mutts are often cuter and healthier than those inbred purebred dogs with the scrunched up faces.
Mutts are cuter than pure-bred dogs? No one claims that bulldogs are pugs are pretty. They're unique and desirable for their traits.

Oh yes, the offspring of the white-non-white pairing looks more attractive than their white parent? Not in my opinion.

Not buying your pc-ness.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:07 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,562,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
Mutts are cuter than pure-bred dogs? No one claims that bulldogs are pugs are pretty. They're unique and desirable for their traits.

Oh yes, the offspring of the white-non-white pairing looks more attractive than their white parent? Not in my opinion.

Not buying your pc-ness.
So, just how much alike do your parents look?

Old 03-22-2012, 06:32 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Quote:
Mutts are cuter than pure-bred dogs? No one claims that bulldogs are pugs are pretty.
Eh, one of my friends does, and puts a billion pictures of the ugly little creatures on her FB asking people to rescue them. Not moved. My parents had a pug that died at 16 a few months back... not a big fan of them.

Quote:
They're unique and desirable for their traits.
Yeah, like many people of mixed ethnicity.

Quote:
Pic 1: the girl is like 6 months old.
Pic 2: Cute kids.
Pic 3: The girl is cute (in that she's a smiling child), the brother isn't unattractive physically, he just looks like he's trying to be a goon.
Pic 4: Good looking kids.

But then, you have extremely negative opinions of people who are nonwhite, so I can see where that would override your ability to be objective in terms of their traits.

Quote:
Not buying your pc-ness.
Can't speak for anyone else, but, in my case, I'm not PC at all. I find a lot of features common to Asian, Native American, and Mediterranean women to be extremely attractive. I don't want the girl under me in bed to look like my sister; that's just gross.

Quote:
Well, genetically, she is likely more than fifty percent caucasian, given her traits. After all, it is all about the law of probabilities anyhow.
But her mom was Chinese-Vietnamese. How could she be more than 50% white if her mom is Asian and most likely has no "Caucasian" traits? My last GF was Taiwanese but had skin that was the same tone as mine, which is actually somewhat common in Taiwan and Japan, among other nations. Does that mean she was part white?

It just seems like you're trying to justify her as being more "white" simply because she's hot.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:52 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
So, just how much alike do your parents look?
Like brother and sister I assume.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:55 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,562,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Like brother and sister I assume.
But they aint miscegenated!

Old 03-22-2012, 07:52 PM

2,330 posts, read 3,812,226 times
I've always mistrusted dog breeders.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:01 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
I've always mistrusted dog breeders.
They try to play god with immoral but cuddly results!

Old 03-22-2012, 11:26 PM

604 posts, read 1,521,487 times
Quote:
Well, genetically, she is likely more than fifty percent caucasian, given her traits. After all, it is all about the law of probabilities anyhow.
Not necessarily. A persons phenotype (physical traits) may outwardly look white, but they can actually be less than 50 percent European from a genetic stand point.

Really a persons outward appearance doesn't do their genetic ancestry complete justice.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:36 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,218,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Eh, one of my friends does, and puts a billion pictures of the ugly little creatures on her FB asking people to rescue them. Not moved. My parents had a pug that died at 16 a few months back... not a big fan of them.
Pugs are cute in an ugly sort of way. Friendly dogs.

Quote:
Yeah, like many people of mixed ethnicity.
Of course, most people don't desire those traits.

Quote:
Pic 1: the girl is like 6 months old.
Pic 2: Cute kids.
Pic 3: The girl is cute (in that she's a smiling child), the brother isn't unattractive physically, he just looks like he's trying to be a goon.
Pic 4: Good looking kids.
I don't find the kids particularly attractive. Relative to their white parent, they're less attractive. Most people deep down know this to be true.

Quote:
then, you have extremely negative opinions of people who are nonwhite, so I can see where that would override your ability to be objective in terms of their traits.
It has nothing to do with negative opinions. It has to do with my opinion that bears itself out in studies amongst all races of people, in which whites are constantly acknowledged to be the most attractive race.

Quote:
Can't speak for anyone else, but, in my case, I'm not PC at all. I find a lot of features common to Asian, Native American, and Mediterranean women to be extremely attractive. I don't want the girl under me in bed to look like my sister; that's just gross.
So dating or marrying someone of your race is like being with your sister? Talk about odd thinking. Where do you get this kind of logic?

So you would throw away thousands of years of genetic line on something that many would claim to be a fetish, which is the result of cultural marxism piping garbage into homes every day by way of the idiot box?

Quote:
But her mom was Chinese-Vietnamese. How could she be more than 50% white if her mom is Asian and most likely has no "Caucasian" traits?
It's because with all traits, it's a law of probabilities. If one parent is white and the other parent is non-white, like in the flipping of a coin, the PHENOTYPE (the way the person looks) could be more than fifty percent white. The person could also be less than fifty percent white, phenotypically. Genotypically, at least for the first generation, the child is likely fifty percent non-white. However, the person may not be so phenotypically. If the hybrid offspring marries a white person, then hypothetically there is a chance that the second generation could be one hundred percent white (less of a chance) or one hundred percent non-white (more of a chance). However, it'd likely be somewhere in the 50-89% range.

Quote:
My last GF was Taiwanese but had skin that was the same tone as mine, which is actually somewhat common in Taiwan and Japan, among other nations. Does that mean she was part white?
There is a mild range of fluctuations in skin tone in Japan and Taiwan. However, skin bleaching has become quite common in that part of the world.

Quote:
It just seems like you're trying to justify her as being more "white" simply because she's hot.
It has nothing to do whether she's attractive or not. It has to do with her appearance, of which reveals heavily favoring white phenotypes. White phenotypes have been shown to be viewed as the most attractive amongst all races.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.