Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 03:37 PM

16 posts, read 77,972 times

Advertisements

I've been living in Dallas for a while and I want to move somewhere and get a fresh start. I want to move to a city that has a good nightlife and is pretty cheap to live.

Cities that I can think of that fits the bill, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Dallas(which im moving out of). Right now Im leaning towards Cleveland because the rent here is really cheap and I could live downtown in a nice apartment without breaking the bank.

Can you think of cities that will be perfect for me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 05:50 PM

93,164 posts, read 123,754,884 times
Buffalo might also work, as it has enough nightlife on its own, but there is more in Niagara Falls and in nearby Canadian cities like Hamilton and Toronto.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:55 PM

27,163 posts, read 43,847,941 times
I think Cleveland is a fantastic choice and way overlooked for those who want the urban amenities (like rail transit) without the massive costs. St Louis has a similar cost of living to Cleveland and some cool inner city neighborhoods to choose from, as well as an emerging rail transit system.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:49 PM

93,164 posts, read 123,754,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Buffalo might also work, as it has enough nightlife on its own, but there is more in Niagara Falls and in nearby Canadian cities like Hamilton and Toronto.
Just to add, Buffalo has rail transit and is also generally affordable. Here's a neighborhood that you may love:
Elmwood Village - Buffalo New York - YouTube

and more:
West Chippewa Street - Downtown Buffalo, New York - YouTube

Downtown Buffalo, NY - Around Niagara Square - YouTube

Downtown Buffalo, NY - Lafayette Square - YouTube

Buffalo Metro Rail - YouTube

NFTA-METRO Light rail - YouTube

Downtown Buffalo, NY - Along Main Street - YouTube

Downtown Buffalo, NY- City Hall Observation Deck - YouTube

Allentown Lofts - YouTube

Old 03-09-2012, 01:19 AM

643 posts, read 1,017,585 times
Well, if good nightlife and cheap rent are your only criteria, I'd say your options are plentiful. You could also check out Columbus, Pittsburgh, Denver, KC, or Indy. I've lived in Denver and Indy and found rents to be almost identical for what I need (1 br w/o pets is all I require) and both have a pretty good nightlife Denver a little more so than Indy, but not by much.

I'd love to live in Cleveland one day. I think it will be one of cities (or maybe it is already) that has such a great underground scene and will then explode into a hipster mecca where it's cool to live. Naturally that's when I'll leave. As much as I love art, music, and fashion I absolutely loathe hipsters. Supposed anti-conformists who ironically look identical to one another.

Cheers on your move!

Old 03-12-2012, 11:37 AM

3,892 posts, read 5,509,594 times
i 2nd what IndieIndy said
I recommend the Indianapolis area.
the Nightlife corridors in our city include Fountain Square just southeast of Downtown and Mass Ave in Downtown and Broad Ripple Village up on the north side by Butler. Downtown Indianapolis in general has plenty of nightlife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.