Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2012, 10:40 PM

18 posts, read 28,524 times

Advertisements

Well next year I plan on buying some land down south, And i am unsure of where at i should go. I am 17 and i got a buch of money that im going to use to buy a few acres of land with (20-40 acres preferably) and I want someplace down south, I plan on building a house on it a few years down the road but, i need to know what states have good economies and cheap living costs. I have been seriously considering northern Alabama. I don't want to go someplace where I wont be able to get a job or anything. I dont want to live anyplace north because I cant stand the cold weather which is the main reason im headed south. One thing that is also VERY important to me is i need to live someplace where there is good hunting and fishing because that is my passion and I couldn't live without it, so areas with high game concentration are a must for me.

Anyone have any suggestions for me, I need some help and dont really know where to start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 05:09 AM

27,196 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan412 View Post
Well next year I plan on buying some land down south, And i am unsure of where at i should go. I am 17 and i got a buch of money that im going to use to buy a few acres of land with (20-40 acres preferably) and I want someplace down south, I plan on building a house on it a few years down the road but, i need to know what states have good economies and cheap living costs. I have been seriously considering northern Alabama. I don't want to go someplace where I wont be able to get a job or anything. I dont want to live anyplace north because I cant stand the cold weather which is the main reason im headed south. One thing that is also VERY important to me is i need to live someplace where there is good hunting and fishing because that is my passion and I couldn't live without it, so areas with high game concentration are a must for me.

Anyone have any suggestions for me, I need some help and dont really know where to start.
Northern Alabama can still get quite cold in the winter so you may want to consider something further south. I'd recommend areas around Valdosta, Georgia where land is quite affordable. Check out nearby Brooks County.

Brooks County, Georgia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Average Weather for Valdosta, GA - Temperature and Precipitation

Old 04-02-2012, 07:30 AM

5,509 posts, read 11,875,397 times
You pretty much can't go wrong anywhere in the South, based on your qualifications. I'm sure states like 'Bama and Mississippi could use your money, so maybe head there first?

Old 04-02-2012, 01:01 PM

18 posts, read 28,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
You pretty much can't go wrong anywhere in the South, based on your qualifications. I'm sure states like 'Bama and Mississippi could use your money, so maybe head there first?
What do you mean by that statement?

Old 04-02-2012, 01:05 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,407,065 times
A few thoughts for you, Huntsville Alabama area, Cary NC area, north of DFW, SW, W, FW, R of Houston tx. I believe all these areas have good economies and availability of jobs. Getting outside the city proper is what it would take to find that much land. But the growth trends may over take you even well outside the cities so consider that in your deliberations. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.