Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 01:56 PM

4,152 posts, read 7,938,332 times

Advertisements

You could come to Chicago. There are a lot of lofts but they are away from the lake. There are non loft apts with Lake Views. Everything else is okay but not a lot of sun all the time. Cold in winter. Hot in summer. But........sun comes up in the early morning at the crack of dawn no coastal fog burnoff here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,103,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindikator View Post
I've never considered San Antonio, do you enjoy living there? Only downside about Texas is the summers, which I heard are brutal.
I like San Antonio. Summers do get hot here, but the warm winter weather offsets it for me. Had my fill of snow and ice after 30-some years of living in the midwest.

Housing is still fairly cheap. Not as cheap as 10 years ago, but it's among the cheaper places to live in Texas.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:23 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,297,887 times
New Orleans, minus lake views, River views possible. Lake views are possible, but not with what you want.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:10 PM

6,350 posts, read 11,586,662 times
Someone was talking about river view lofts in Louisville but if they are facing the river (north) they wouldn't be sun filled. Maybe try Cincinnatti?

Old 04-22-2012, 05:34 PM

7,724 posts, read 12,617,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindikator View Post

And one more thing, I don't have $5k a month for rent, let alone $2k. The most I could pay is $1500.

Does anyone have a suggestion in what city I might find this?

Thanks!
Your criteria is NOT impossible. I would suggest Los Angeles, Long Beach (especially this city!), Newport Beach, or San Diego. All you have to do is go on Craigslist and find a roomate in a condo in one of the areas and you will be set. When you are doing the roomate situation you will have rent that is less than $1,500.

I'm laughing at all the other suggestions you are getting. Buffalo? Chicago?! Lmao what a joke. The OP clearly said he wants a place with lots of sun. Anyways, I recommend you take my advice because that's exactly what I'm doing in a month. I'm moving to southern CA and renting a room in a shared apartment. You can live anywhere and do this through Craigslist and you will lower your rent significantly. Almost every 20-something does this when they are moving to save money. Especially those moving to So.Cal.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:15 PM

50 posts, read 103,638 times
I second the New Orleans suggestions. It would have everything you would want (assuming the very wide Mississippi River could substitute for a lake).

You could get the same in Austin (much better than nearby San Antonio) with a "lake" view (really a dammed Colorado river).

Old 04-23-2012, 07:08 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,103,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwill89 View Post
You could get the same in Austin (much better than nearby San Antonio) with a "lake" view (really a dammed Colorado river).
Austin real estate's much more expensive than San Antonio real estate, though. A lake view would command an even more premium price there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.