Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 01:27 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,754,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Yeah, I remember exactly what happened...

Whataburger sent each In N Out a pair of Whataburger orange cowboy boots as a welcoming gag & to let them know who's turf they're treading on.

It was all in good clean fun, but I still think it was hilarious.
They knew they were about to be "outburgered", lol, and it was their way of showing their anger. Whataburger in California would not have the same effect that In-N-Out does in Texas.

I remember overhearing some tourists at LAX ask where the nearest In-N-Out is. That's probably never happened when someone was visiting Texas in regards to Whataburger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 09:26 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,061,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
When I first visited flew out to LA a few summers ago I was very surprised at how flat much of the city was.

The L.A. Basin is what you're seeing.

Areas like Carson are as flat as Houston & look identical.
There are many many areas that are rolling hills. Carson is near the ocean which stands to reason why it is flat. Where I grew up in Montebello and Monterey Park it is all a bunch or rolling hills. Go further East and you start going up the mountain. North and you are in hills again up to Santa Clarita.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:27 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,061,261 times
Anyone that thinks that Whataburger is better than INO is out of their mind. Even here in NM they are 4th in the fast food burger food chain.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:51 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Rag on it? Just offering my opinion of the place, and why I don't think it's anything to want to aspire to.

You're from Fort Worth? Yeah, you probably don't find LA flat. But it is. Look at a terrain map.

And outstanding weather? The summers are too, too hot. That's not outstanding. It's good. Like I said.
No.
Fort Worth isnt totally flat either. Have you spent any time in LA or FW?
LA has flat, but has hills and mountains too.
Outstanding yes, Southern Cal generally is thought of as having the best weather in the United States. If you think LA is hot, they youve never left the west coast....

Old 05-11-2012, 01:46 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,433 times
anyone from the bay area familiar with "Nation's" the hamburger chain and haven't tried Whataburger... whataburger is basically a poor man's "Nation's"

Old 05-11-2012, 01:57 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,143,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
No.
Fort Worth isnt totally flat either. Have you spent any time in LA or FW?
LA has flat, but has hills and mountains too.
Outstanding yes, Southern Cal generally is thought of as having the best weather in the United States. If you think LA is hot, they youve never left the west coast....
I've not spent time in Fort Worth (but have been in the eastern parts of Texas AND, I can read a terrain map), but plenty of time in L. A. And it's flat.

And please. Just because some places may be hotter in the summer (like Houston ... OMG!), doesn't mean that Los Angeles isn't. Throwing around personal insults, like I've never left the west coast, doesn't make my opinion invalid. If it matters, I have left the west coast. Plenty. And I know flat when I see it. Sure, there are hills north of Los Angeles. But Los Angeles, itself, and pretty much everything south ... boringly flat.

Opinion is relative. I remember being in Puerto Rico (see ... I have traveled!) and having a bunch of Floridians freaking out in a bus on the side of a maybe 800ft hill because it was sooooo, sooooo high. To them, I'm sure it was. To me, not so much. We laughed at them.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:46 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
Where the vast majority of people in LA live is flat. Yes it has hills and mountains but those hills don't make up a huge chunk of the metro area and those mountains are to steep to build anything on.

Also when talking about any coastal CA metro area, you can't generalize the weather due to microclimates. The coast has very mild weather and is not hot but inland it can indeed be too hot for many people. Inland and valleys can see a lot of 90+ degree days.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:16 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,546,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Yeah, you probably don't find LA flat. But it is. Look at a terrain map.
I suggest you look at a topographical map of the LA Metro Area. The whole area is ringed very closely by mountains and there are hilly neighborhoods and districts all over Los Angeles and Orange County. There are many parts that are as hilly as San Francisco.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:12 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,754,759 times
So, people want to actually live on the mountains? Being able to see them in the distance is not enough, apparently.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:20 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
anyone from the bay area familiar with "Nation's" the hamburger chain and haven't tried Whataburger... whataburger is basically a poor man's "Nation's"

Nations is leagues better than Whatburger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.