Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 11:34 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
There you go!

A new Sonic opened up near my house a few months ago to long lines and quite a big of fanfare. Even now the place is jammed at mealtimes and reasonably occupied even at off hours.

Does that mean everyone's jealous of Oklahoma? LOL I'm sure it's a nice place with lovely people and I really would love to visit sometime, but my love of a Sonicburger doesn't make me envious of people who live in Oklahoma.
I love Sonic. Their breakfast menu is too boring, though.

Last edited by Nairobi; 05-02-2012 at 11:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 11:38 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
A pop culture phenomenon? Many people have never even heard of this burger place back east.....And what does a burger place have to do with socal lifestyle? It's a burger place. There are burger joints everywhere.
I went to an in an out in Salinas CA. Had no idea the chain was from there until this thread.

Just because you dont know, doesnt make it so!

Best Fast Food Chains: Consumer Reports Survey
#1 Burger chain, In-N-Out Burger

The Top 13 Fast Food Chains | The Top 13 | www.thetop13.com

#1 In-N-Out Burger

Regional (4 states)

This legendary California-based burger chain is a way of life for many living in the Western United States and is a must-stop on all of our trips to the Golden State. In-N-Out simply does burgers better than any other fast food chain. The chain is also beloved because it is still privately owned - there are no franchise locations - and the way it treats its employees, who are paid significantly more than minimum wage. The official menu is refreshingly simple, offering just three different kinds of burgers, as well as fries and shakes, but for those in the know, there is also a "secret" menu that allows you to order your burger "Animal Style" (with many toppings) or "Protein Style" (wrapped only in lettuce).

ZAGAT
Top Rated Among Large Chains (up to 5,000 U.S. locations)

Top Food

1. In-N-Out Burger
  2. Chick-fil-A
  3. Papa Murphy's
  4. Five Guys
  5. Chipotle Mexican Grill

Old 05-02-2012, 11:41 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,366,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
A lot of the California posters have it right...the rest of the country is in fact envious of California and hates to admit it. Yet, they'd be the first in line to show up at In-N-Out, and not just because it's new. Because...it's affiliated with California.
People would primarily line up because they like the food, heard favorable things about the food, or may know nothing about it but be curious to try if they saw lines out the door. Little has to do with its "affiliation of California." Not too many folks are that shallow.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cittic10 View Post
I disagree.

When a chickfila (orig. GA) opens in a new state they get the same kind of reception.

I saw them come to Texas and California, busy, but not the same.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:49 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,506,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
You have several anti-California threads here. Whether it be regarding the people, the culture, the politics, the possibility of earthquakes...the list goes on and on.

You also have a strong anti-chain restaurant mentality on this forum, especially in some of the "Narnian" cities as they have been branded.

Now...if an In-N-Out Burger somehow magically came to any of these cities, the lines would possibly go on for miles the first few weeks. There are videos on youtube of when In-N-Out opened up in Dallas and nearby locations of this happening. Even the most anti-chain, anti-California place (which Texas generally is on all fronts) - would rush to In-N-Out (which is overrated in my opinion but that's a different story).

If In-N-Out was founded in anywhere besides California, it wouldn't carry nearly the same weight.

A lot of the California posters have it right...the rest of the country is in fact envious of California and hates to admit it. Yet, they'd be the first in line to show up at In-N-Out, and not just because it's new. Because...it's affiliated with California.

The "California stereotype" has always been arguably the most powerful stereotype of American culture (in terms of one that everyone wants), and this prevails until this day.

Agree/disagree?
>>>>>
If In-N-Out was founded in anywhere besides California, it wouldn't carry nearly the same weight.
<<<<<

I'm from Oklahoma and I can say (unequivocally) that a Braum's 1/3 lb. cheeseburger pretty much demolishes any Yankee burger In-N-Out can produce.

Plus, have you ever been to Texas? There are TONS of chain restaurants. Again, I'll keep my meager earnings in Oklahoma.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:49 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,717,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Just because you dont know, doesnt make it so!

Best Fast Food Chains: Consumer Reports Survey
#1 Burger chain, In-N-Out Burger

The Top 13 Fast Food Chains | The Top 13 | www.thetop13.com

#1 In-N-Out Burger

Regional (4 states)

This legendary California-based burger chain is a way of life for many living in the Western United States and is a must-stop on all of our trips to the Golden State. In-N-Out simply does burgers better than any other fast food chain. The chain is also beloved because it is still privately owned - there are no franchise locations - and the way it treats its employees, who are paid significantly more than minimum wage. The official menu is refreshingly simple, offering just three different kinds of burgers, as well as fries and shakes, but for those in the know, there is also a "secret" menu that allows you to order your burger "Animal Style" (with many toppings) or "Protein Style" (wrapped only in lettuce).

ZAGAT

Top Food

1. In-N-Out Burger
  2. Chick-fil-A
  3. Papa Murphy's
  4. Five Guys

Not sure what the point of that is??? People out west Love in and out? ok great. Back east lots of people have never heard of it.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:51 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times
Quote:
ZAGAT

Top Food

1. In-N-Out Burger
  2. Chick-fil-A
  3. Papa Murphy's
  4. Five Guys
Ugh. Chipotle only flies in those parts of the country where good authentic burritos aren't readily available. Why anyone in Texas or California would eat there is beyond me. I've been once and never went back. Freebirds (from California) is trash, too.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
Not sure what the point of that is??? People out west Love in and out? ok great. Back east lots of people have never heard of it.

The point is...............those are national surveys! Plus weve seen several easterners sing their praises in this thread.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Ugh. Chipotle only flies in those parts of the country where good authentic burritos aren't readily available. Why anyone in Texas or California would eat there is beyond me. I've been once and never went back. Freebirds (from California) is trash, too.
I would generally agree and would choose the small burritto joints in California over them any day, however, in a pinch they'll do over your average fast food joint.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:02 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,717,534 times
Quote:
The point is...............those are national surveys! Plus weve seen several easterners sing their praises in this thread.
And how many people in the survey from the Eastern part of the US voted for in and out?
Are you a PR person for In and Out or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.