Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 03:12 PM

581 posts, read 968,593 times

Advertisements

Why all the Michigan hate?
In MD we just laugh at the Michigan transplants and their incredible superiority complexes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 04:41 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,211,615 times
Im from cincy and i hate it when people say this about cincinnati. Its not cincy its cleveland and columbus. Please let a state adopt cincinnati just so we can get away from the other ohio cities.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:33 PM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
From Ohio:

KENTUCKY - It's somewhere you have to pass through when driving to Florida; UK fans who didn't go to UK and horses everywhere; pretty scenery; northern Kentucky feels like Ohio; the Derby
INDIANA - We border Indiana? Storms hit Indiana first so we know what's coming. Very similar to northwest Ohio.
WEST VIRGINIA - Nice scenery; white-water rafting draws plenty of Ohioans; other than that not really talked about much other than usual stereotypes.
PENNSYLVANIA - Neutral on this one, except for the Steelers which are an abomination; identify more with this state's cities than the state itself; home of Yuengling.

m!sh!g&n - &*$*&($)*%(*$&

Funny all this talk from Ohio about Michigan, but yet we see buckeye plates on our roads every summer. They come up here everyear on vacation, then go home and slam us whenever they can. Ohio and Michigan have a long history of bickering between each other. heck we dont even have that large of a border with them. Wisconsin, Indiana both have larger borders with Michigan and we get along with them fine.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:35 PM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post
Why all the Michigan hate?
In MD we just laugh at the Michigan transplants and their incredible superiority complexes.

Heck I didnt know there were alot of Mi transplants in MD. Most transplants from Mi dont go east, they go south to Tn, or TX or they go out west to Az or lately the oil boom states of Wy and ND. Sorry to hear youve gotten some of our jerks. We are not an arrogant state, really.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:33 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,284,996 times
We don't have neighboring states, but Hawaii, Washington, and Oregon are sort of honorary neighbors. We do have a neighboring province, the Yukon.

Hawaii: A good place to visit in December or January
Washington and Oregon: A good place to move if you decide you want to live in the real world
The Yukon: Kind of like Alaska, but with even fewer people

Old 05-16-2012, 10:44 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,610,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Heck I didnt know there were alot of Mi transplants in MD. Most transplants from Mi dont go east, they go south to Tn, or TX or they go out west to Az or lately the oil boom states of Wy and ND. Sorry to hear youve gotten some of our jerks. We are not an arrogant state, really.

Agree. Nobody in Michigan ever talks about Maryland.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:59 AM

203 posts, read 517,127 times
I live in Texas.

OK: Flat brown land everywhere, crappy roads, hicks (who apparently beat each other according to their billboards saying spousal abuse is bad)

LA: New Orleans, swamps, gators.

AR: Very pretty landscape, kind of hickish but not too bad.

NM: I never think of that state. I live on the NE side of 35.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:15 PM

350 posts, read 740,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookitsaustin View Post

NM: I never think of that state. I live on the NE side of 35.
NM is beautiful! It's a ways away for either of us but well worth the visit!

Old 05-16-2012, 12:57 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,969,837 times
I'm from Colorado.

Kansas - Flat, boring, and backward. They have wheat.
Nebraska - Flat, boring, and backward. They have corn.
Oklahoma - Flat, boring, and backward. They have... dust? (I used to live in Oklahoma and am not sure where the dust thing comes from.. most of the state is green. But somehow that is the impression here haha)
Wyoming - YEE-HAWWW! "Watch me fire my pistols into the air while riding a bucking bronco!" That, and that practically nobody lives there.
Utah - Their landscape is amazing and beautiful. We like to vacation there when we seek a different type of scenery. Their people are nice but we still occasionally crack jokes about them.
Arizona - "Hey, did you hear about that new law?" "Yeah, that's Arizona LOL ..."
New Mexico - We think of the Native American culture down there and it also seems far away, but still so nearby. A cool place.
Texas (close enough) - "Rich hicks" with an insane superiority complex who clog our mountain roads with their Suburbans and Yukon XL's during the summers and winters. When they make the move up here permanently they put those stars all over their houses to make it known they're from Texas. "If you are so proud of Texas and being Texan, go back! If you think Texas is the best state ever, quit vacationing here and moving here because you're proving yourself wrong LOL."

I think that pretty much sums it up.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:40 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
What do Michigan people think of Minnesota? We do border each other though its not a land border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.