Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 01:45 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,560,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
You think I am being a cheer leader for derogatory comments made by some members, regarding states in the U.S.? I hope I'm reading your comment wrong. Not once, on this site (or any other) have I ever put down another state.

If you think I was being a cheer leader because I stated, "I'm with you Hoodie," that comment was regarding breaking breaking California away from the U.S. I wouldn't like to see that happen but was laughing at the thought of it. California is too big and has created too many businesses that span across the U.S., for it to be divided from the rest of the U.S. That's why I said it. Hope that clears it up for you.
No worries. I think the response from the poster in question speaks for itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 02:06 PM

19,206 posts, read 16,686,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
No worries. I think the response from the poster in question speaks for itself.
Thanks

Old 05-23-2012, 02:07 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge Foodie 215 View Post
And yes, California is not sufficiently American. What's wrong with stating the truth?

Veteran Population - NATIONAL CENTER FOR VETERANS ANALYSIS AND STATISTICS

California has 1,972,000 veterans, while there are more than 22,700,000 veterans in the United States, or only 8.7% of all US veterans while California is 13% of the US population. California is disproportionately underrepresented in how many of its citizens want to fight and die for this fine country.

So its pretty clear that you guys aren't in it for America. Sorry. It's just the truth. As someone who comes from a family of veterans, I spit on your state.
So then I guess by your logic NEW YORK is not "in it for America" and "not sufficiently America" either since it only as 950K veterans out of 22.7 million which equates to around 4.2% of the veteran population while NY state represents 6.2% of the US population.

And the double standards continue....

Quote:
California is disproportionately underrepresented in how many of its citizens want to fight and die for this fine country.
Looks like far more Californias have fought and died for this country recently than New Yorkers, actually over twice as many:
http://icasualties.org/Iraq/USCasualtiesByState.aspx

But I would never claim NY to not to be "American", just showing using your own logic to show how absurd your reasoning is and your double standards.

Last edited by sav858; 05-23-2012 at 02:16 PM..

Old 05-23-2012, 02:10 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,560,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
So then I guess by your logic NEW YORK is not "in it for America" and "not sufficiently America" either since it only as 950K veterans out of 22.7 million which equates to around 4.2% of the veteran population while NY state represents 6.2% of the US population.

And the double standards continue....
It would make NY the "least American" state of all. But its simply nonsense.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...df0xdxeA&pli=1

Old 05-23-2012, 02:28 PM

637 posts, read 1,015,042 times
I love how this turned into a New York bash fest, when the topic is CLEARLY about California and Texas.

Good, I'm glad that Californians HAVE DIED for the United States flag, but it still doesn't mean that the rest of you guys are off the hook, considering that CALIFORNIANS ARE DISPROPORTIONATELY UNDERREPRESENTED IN THE US MILITARY.

Please tell me where in New York, and heck, anywhere else in America could this happen:

OPINION: San Francisco Declares Itself a Military-Free Zone | Full Page
Berkeley City Council moderates anti-Marine position - CNN

Or trying to bring up divisions like what happened last year when CALIFORNIA tried to launch a boycott of Arizona

California Lawmakers Push for First-in-the-Nation State Boycott of Arizona | Fox News
Two California cities boycott Arizona over new immigration law - latimes.com
Calif. lawmakers begin push to boycott Arizona - Washington Times

When has New York ever done something like that? When has New York wanted to boycott New Jersey or any other American state? When has Texas done that? When has Florida done that?

Old 05-23-2012, 02:54 PM

19,206 posts, read 16,686,206 times
Huge Foodie, your posts are amusing, to say the least. There are over 37 million residents in California. Claiming ALL are as you describe is comical. There are a good number of people in this state that supported Arizona last year and still do. There are plenty of us who want California to go in a different direction but, thanks to the democrats, who basically run the legislature in this state and those in the individual counties and cities across this state, it's next to impossible to get any positive changes.

A large number moved away from this state because they didn't like where it was heading. I'd do it, as well, if I had the means.

When you lump an entire population into one category, as you've clearly done here, you lose all credibility, imo. Know this. Not everyone in California is as you claim. That would be like me saying that everyone who lives in your state is a pompous, bigoted know-it-all. And that would be wrong!

Last edited by JGC97; 05-23-2012 at 03:32 PM..

Old 05-23-2012, 03:27 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
checkmate!

Quote:
CALIFORNIANS ARE DISPROPORTIONATELY UNDERREPRESENTED IN THE US MILITARY.
Well we do a lot better than NY and the rest of the entire Northeast as far as people in the military. So according to your own logic, it looks like you live in the "least American" place in the country! Ironic how that works!

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2010/10/the-militarys-deepening-geographic-divide/64012/

Anymore double standards you want to share with us?

Old 05-23-2012, 06:10 PM

239 posts, read 509,208 times
Quote:
Me and 44% of Americans, including many in this thread, would NOT MIND California's demise because that would mean an economic boon for the rest of the United States, as what has been going on for the past 20 years.

The vultures are circling over the head of California, and once the state dies, the rest of us will scavenge it and move on with our lives.

And yes, California is not sufficiently American. What's wrong with stating the truth?

Veteran Population - NATIONAL CENTER FOR VETERANS ANALYSIS AND STATISTICS

California has 1,972,000 veterans, while there are more than 22,700,000 veterans in the United States, or only 8.7% of all US veterans while California is 13% of the US population. California is disproportionately underrepresented in how many of its citizens want to fight and die for this fine country.

So its pretty clear that you guys aren't in it for America. Sorry. It's just the truth. As someone who comes from a family of veterans, I spit on your state.
So are you saying that being a Veteran or in the military is the only way that shows you're truly American? Sounds arrogant and ignorant. What about those people who work in government or homeland security? What about doctors and volunteers going to work in poorer areas in the United States? AmeriCorps? Emergency Preparedness public health workers during national disasters? California isn't American because they have x number or percentage less of Veterans compared to another state? Being in the military isn't the only way to show your American Pride. I never heard of such a foolish statement.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:43 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,782,504 times
More people from California gave their lives for this country in Vietnam and The War on Terror, when compared to any other state.

Vietnam War Casualty Statistics by Race, Sex, Religion, etc...

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...ZEP-WVJJxqgYfA

If you have not been in the military and have not seen combat, please just shut the **** up. It's just some really pointless trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.