Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 01:42 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,945,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
I wonder why all these people from California are moving to Arizona??
Arizona is dirt cheap! You think somebody living in Los Angeles and San Francisco just stops and says to themselves: "hmmm, I bet Phoenix is the coolest place on earth, I'm gonna move there completely on my own because I WANT TO!" Hell no! People form CA that move there almost entirely move there because work takes them there or they can't afford to live the dream

That said, I'll take California. It would be like Japan lol It's also got an impressive combination of Huge Urban cities and vast and diverse wilderness that no other state can match....Oh, and did I mention the weather?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 01:47 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,457,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB8abovetherim View Post
Arizona is dirt cheap! You think somebody living in Los Angeles and San Francisco just stops and says to themselves: "hmmm, I bet Phoenix is the coolest place on earth, I'm gonna move there completely on my own because I WANT TO!" Hell no! People form CA that move there almost entirely move there because work takes them there or they can't afford to live the dream

That said, I'll take California. It would be like Japan lol It's also got an impressive combination of Huge Urban cities and vast and diverse wilderness that no other state can match....Oh, and did I mention the weather?
Ok.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:51 AM

1,370 posts, read 3,051,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
I wonder why all these people from California are moving to Arizona??
All the crap California and Texas didn't want goes there, that's why.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:52 AM

105 posts, read 194,567 times
Post Duh?

Louisiana, the one and only state that has basically been a world of its own sense the French and Spanish colonial age.

Est. 3400 BCE.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:29 PM

383 posts, read 732,871 times
If DC was a country I'd live there.

Where else can you be mayor, smoke crack with hookers, go to jail, and get yo job back yo?

Old 06-03-2012, 04:58 PM

2,330 posts, read 3,807,887 times
I think Minnesota would do very well as an indepenent country. We have a healthy political system and an educated populace. On a per capita basis we subsidize the federal government more than nearly every other state. The amount is large enough that we could probably create universal health care and cut taxes at the same time.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:10 PM

383 posts, read 732,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
I think Minnesota would do very well as an indepenent country. We have a healthy political system and an educated populace. On a per capita basis we subsidize the federal government more than nearly every other state. The amount is large enough that we could probably create universal health care and cut taxes at the same time.
It's a leftist hole.

And you wouldn't have the budget or manpower to form sufficient armed forces, or even to rent them.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:57 PM

2,330 posts, read 3,807,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-G View Post
It's a leftist hole.

And you wouldn't have the budget or manpower to form sufficient armed forces, or even to rent them.
Who would invade us, Canada?

Being a "leftist hole" hasn't stopped Minnesota from having one of the strongest economies in the US, a high standard of living, and a disproportionately large cluster of corporate headquarters. In fact being a "leftist hole" is probably the reason why we have those things. The "leftist holes" in the US tend to out perform the rest of the country in things like income, education and standard of living. This is why they are net contributors to the federal budget while most of the conservative states are subsidized.

Last edited by Drewcifer; 06-03-2012 at 07:19 PM..

Old 06-03-2012, 07:19 PM

1,567 posts, read 3,115,025 times
I'd definitely want to live in a "leftist hole" state/nation with good education, healthcare, standard of living, high quality public services and more tolerance of different-than-normal lifestyles. This is much more appealing than a rightist hole like Mississippi with poor health, low educational attainment, rampant and widespread poverty and lower tolerance of people's differences.

Sorry to pick on MS, but facts are facts.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:30 PM

2,316 posts, read 7,817,391 times
Oh god... Probably Alaska. Nobody would care to bother us and we would have Canada in the way anyway. Maybe Washington...

Realistically I would have been in California most likely since my parents are both from there. I'd want to be wherever my family was. Number 1 priority I think and California would do well as is. It would be free from the constrictions of the Federal government and would be able to enact more progressive legislation. They also have a great consumer base and a great economy as well as diverse landscapes and lots of prime agricultural land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.