Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2007, 05:03 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,574,394 times

Advertisements

What are positive things that you can say about your city and state that you live in or where you were born ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2007, 05:12 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,653,873 times
Positive things I can say about my hometown Cleveland.Almost everything.For me the positives are the lake,the skyline,the people are nice,theres lots of trees,I like the architecture,I like the fact that there is a sizable black population in the metro area,I like the malls and stores there,I like the way the city is set up(the street system),I like the suburbs,I like the weather.Those things are all positives for me.As I've I'll ready stated on many different threads I like my hometown alot.The whole area is one big positive for me.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:39 PM

1,510 posts, read 5,066,877 times
My hometown is ok for the most part.. I love the beaches, the FOOD - cant live without Cuban food, and the summertime weather. Downtown for the most part is run-down, but theyre trying to clean the area up, so hopefully in a few years it'll look like better. And for the state, well we have a bunch of theme parks.. I've been to Magic Kingdom about 12 times, it never gets old. And we've also got the Everglades which I havent been to in years and am really wanting to go again. Want to see some Gators! And then theres Key West too.. thats always fun to go to. Very laid back.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:47 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,306,923 times
Hmmm, that's pretty hard for me to scrounge up positive traits about Phoenix. I'd say top three that have nothing to do with climate and geography factors are:
1. State of the art freeways, well light up at night, great road signs, with smooth, freshly paved rubberized asphalt. The one exception to this is I-17, which sucks.
2. More Mexican food than you can shake a stick at. Everything from grungy 24 hour "Filibertos" joints to family owned Mexican restaurants to fine dining "southwestern" cuisine to fast food places specializing in one particular entree-- taco places, taquitos, burros, and mariscos. Lots and lots of options, all over the valley, for each type of Mexican food. Most of it is crap, I admit, but there are some very good places too. I LOVE Mexican food in general. Hot salsa actually helps cool you down when it is roasting hot here.
3. A lot of the strip malls here are really neat. There's a place called Papago Park Plaza in south Scottsdale that has a chic dance club, several independent bars and restaurants, including a micro-brewery, and dozens of other interesting, non-chain shops. The strip mall is built to look like a Pueblo indian dwelling, with fake adobe and wood timbers. You'd have to see it to believe it. The downside to this is Phoenix is ALL strip malls-- there is no real downtown to speak of-- not even old-school neighborhood downtowns. It's strip malls, strip malls, and more strip malls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.