Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 09:56 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,738,692 times

Advertisements

When I drove through Indiana, I noticed a lot of really close tailgaters (not tailgating me, but others). But other than that the drivers seemed fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 09:58 AM

3,892 posts, read 5,512,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
What makes them worse? Btw why does your profile say Suck Bend?;
well lets ask this question.
Whats wrong with drivers in Chicago doing 80 in a 55 MPH posted speed limit?
2nd Michigan drivers tend to drive way to reckless and fast. especially on Indiana roads.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:42 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,740,179 times
Folks from Illinois can DRIVE.

I love to get behind them in a flow of traffic. They're not aggressive with their driving either, they just DRIVE.

I have yet to encounter a good driver from Ohio.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:55 AM

4,045 posts, read 4,429,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
When I drove through Indiana, I noticed a lot of really close tailgaters (not tailgating me, but others). But other than that the drivers seemed fine.
Was it near Indianapolis?...Could be the 'racing effect'(people who live near racetracks think they're racers too)...

Old 06-10-2012, 11:00 AM

4,045 posts, read 4,429,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
2nd Michigan drivers tend to drive way to reckless and fast. especially on Indiana roads.
Had a similar discussion yesterday while stuck in traffic,someone was saying to me they wish they had a motorcycle so they could...so they could what? Drive on the shoulder etc? I'm pretty sure their drivers manuals don't say they can just drive wherever...

Those Michiganders sound like here in PA...they bring their recklessness over to NJ little realizing there's still some enforcement of laws in NJ;

Old 06-10-2012, 02:11 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,187,810 times
Quote:
Indiana does have great drivers
simple reason why our state has patience and strict laws on getting a license relative to other states.
Ironically some of the worse drivers i have seen are from Michigan/Illinois.
No, actually Indiana is terrible....utterly terrible! Perhaps some of the most asanine driving in the country!! They drive in your blind spot, pass you and pull in front of you, slow down so you have to pass them, and then repeat the process over and over and over and over and over again. It's THE most irritating thing I have to deal with in interstate traffic, especially when I'm using cruise control and, clearly, nobody in Indiana uses it or knows how to use it.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:14 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,187,810 times
Quote:
Indiana drivers in/around Chicago drive at least that fast, if not faster. Seriously, it's like there are two Indianas in your mind: the kind you see and the kind I see. Either that, or you never hang around I-80/90, but that doesn't make sense if you live in Suck Bend.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:51 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,615,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Had a similar discussion yesterday while stuck in traffic,someone was saying to me they wish they had a motorcycle so they could...so they could what? Drive on the shoulder etc? I'm pretty sure their drivers manuals don't say they can just drive wherever...

Those Michiganders sound like here in PA...they bring their recklessness over to NJ little realizing there's still some enforcement of laws in NJ;

That's funny. Doesn't everybody drive 80+ on the NJ Turnpike?

Old 06-10-2012, 02:53 PM

[quote=Broadrippleguy;24681123]well lets ask this question.
quote]

Nothing. This just shows the speed limit is underposted.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Indiana drivers in/around Chicago drive at least that fast, if not faster. Seriously, it's like there are two Indianas in your mind: the kind you see and the kind I see. Either that, or you never hang around I-80/90, but that doesn't make sense if you live in Suck Bend.

Indiana drivers don't seem to have a problem driving faster than 70 in Michigan. Why is it a problem when Michigan drivers reciprocate in Indiana?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.