Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 04:54 PM

1,370 posts, read 3,052,100 times

Advertisements

Inspired by a topic I saw in the World forum. Here's my list to give an example

Love to live in
Oregon, Washington, California, Colorado, New York, Massachusettes, and Pennsylvania

Wouldn't mind living in
New Mexico, Texas (only because Austin is there), Louisiana, Hawaii, North Carolina, Illinois, Minnesota, New Jersey, Alaska, Rhode Island (basically any New England state besides Mass.)

Visit but never live
Florida, Arizona, Utah, Tennessee, Idaho, Montana, Wisconsin, and parts of California (Central Valley, Mojave, and where I'm currently at)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 05:49 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,562 times
Love to live in Texas (anywhere but Austin) Vermont, New Hampshire, California, Ohio, Oregon, Washington, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Alaska, Hawaii, South Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming

Never live in..... New York (grew up there.... no thanks) New Jersey, Maryland, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Connecticut

Old 06-14-2012, 06:04 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
Love to live in: Michigan (anywhere except the metro areas, which is the same for EVERY State for me.) and TN

Wouldn't mind living in: Any one of them with a portion above the 45th parallel.

Visit but never live in: All the rest. Love to visit every one of them again, they all have outstanding places to see and after already visiting 48 of the 50 I can say I would go back to anyone of them

Old 06-14-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Love to live in Texas (anywhere but Austin) Vermont, New Hampshire, California, Ohio, Oregon, Washington, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Alaska, Hawaii, South Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming

Never live in..... New York (grew up there.... no thanks) New Jersey, Maryland, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Connecticut
So you'd live in anywhere but Austin although judging by your other choices you seem quite moderate to centre-left. Interesting...

Old 06-14-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by portlanderinOC View Post
So you'd live in anywhere but Austin although judging by your other choices you seem quite moderate to centre-left. Interesting...
Austin is not the most liberal place in Texas....

I am a person that enjoys places based on a certain live and let live vibe and I have found Austin to be a place I do not enjoy

Why would you "only live IN Austin" when it comes to Texas? Nothing that can be found in Austin that cannot be found in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio or Ft Worth....

Old 06-14-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Austin is not the most liberal place in Texas....

I am a person that enjoys places based on a certain live and let live vibe and I have found Austin to be a place I do not enjoy

Why would you "only live IN Austin" when it comes to Texas? Nothing that can be found in Austin that cannot be found in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio or Ft Worth....
I lived in Houston for 3 years and didn't like it. I guess I could live in San Antonio if I had to. The rest of Texas doesn't appeal to me too much, politics aside it's too hot for me (I'm a colder weather person).

Old 06-14-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
I lived in Houston for 3 years and didn't like it. I guess I could live in San Antonio if I had to. The rest of Texas doesn't appeal to me too much, politics aside it's too hot for me (I'm a colder weather person).
Fair enough

If I could change one thing about the major cities in Texas, it would be to put mountains near them for access to snow (like in California)

Old 06-14-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Fair enough

If I could change one thing about the major cities in Texas, it would be to put mountains near them for access to snow (like in California)
Agreed man, I love me some mountains!

Old 06-14-2012, 06:29 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Love to live in Florida, NY, Hawaii, Louisiana, Illinois

Would live in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, Virginia, DC, Texas, Washington.

Would visit but not really want to live in the rest.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:05 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,737,180 times
Quote:
Inspired by a topic I saw in the World forum. Here's my list to give an example

Love to live in
Oregon, Washington, California, Colorado, New York, Massachusettes, and Pennsylvania

Wouldn't mind living in
New Mexico, Texas (only because Austin is there), Louisiana, Hawaii, North Carolina, Illinois, Minnesota, New Jersey, Alaska, Rhode Island (basically any New England state besides Mass.)

Visit but never live
Florida, Arizona, Utah, Tennessee, Idaho, Montana, Wisconsin, and parts of California (Central Valley, Mojave, and where I'm currently at)
Love to live in...
New York, Minnesota, Massachusetts, New York, Illinois

Wouldn't mind living in...
Pennslyvania, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Vermont

Visit but never live...
Florida, California, Michigan (only Detroit), Ohio, Wisconsin, Colorado,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.