Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2007, 03:28 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,131,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_W View Post
lol, my earthquake's bigger than your earthquake.
Yeah, no crap, right? lol

Old 11-03-2007, 12:20 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,323,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
sure whatever you say.
Hilarious. Methinks he who looks for competition is bound to find one.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:34 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,197,702 times
Come now! Let's all get back to bowing to Los Angeles, the most meaningful leader of your miserable lives....

Old 11-03-2007, 07:15 PM

1,287 posts, read 5,011,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
Come now! Let's all get back to bowing to Los Angeles, the most meaningful leader of your miserable lives....
Do you know you have Futurecop on the brink of a nervous breakdown?

Old 11-03-2007, 07:43 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,472,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAngelion View Post
Do you know you have Futurecop on the brink of a nervous breakdown?
Hollywood is nothing but a negative influence on the American youth. How can you deny that? IT’S TRUE. The most influential city my ass... And in the WORLD!? When people think America, they think New York City. The Empire State Building symbolizes motivation. The Statue of Liberty symbolized freedom. Ellis Island symbolizes liberty, a new start. The Brooklyn Bridge symbolizes strength. Ground Zero symbolizes hope. Central Park symbolizes peace in a world that is so unforgiving, in a city that is so cold-blooded. New York is too great, too influential, too overwhelming to have an answer to. Perhaps New York is not a city, but an empire.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 11-03-2007 at 09:35 PM.. Reason: Use DM for moderation issues

Old 11-03-2007, 07:46 PM

Oh, and Milkytoast, I’ve stayed in London for 2 months, Paris for a week, Moscow for a week, and Italy numerous times because my grandparents are from Naples, Italy. Out there, Hollywood has zero influence. They do not care.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milky, without New York you wouldn’t have a job. Put it that way. Without New York, Laguna Beach wouldn’t have a TV channel to air on. Without New York, Laguna Beach would get no funding to film. Without New York, your television would cease to exist, Hollywood would cease to exist. We’re kind of like the big boss, you do the blue-collar filming crap, we’ll make the big revenue telling you what to do via e-mail or telephone. If American Express and financial companies bottomed out, you’d have no home therefore ending the entertainment industry leaving Hollywood with no viewers due to the fact that people have no television set because they have no home.

Last edited by Futcha; 11-03-2007 at 08:33 PM..

Old 11-03-2007, 07:46 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,297,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Now we've heard it all.

LOL
Hey, it's no joke. The earthquake was nearest to my city so obviously we're the best. We totally survived it and everything. Urban.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:49 PM

Nervous breakdown? More like bring-it-on fever, seeing as though I'm the only one out of you and Milky who can hold an argument.

And how can you even agree with Milky? The most meaningful city? I mean come on, let's not get carried away. Even your beloved Westsidelife will agree with me on that, as he said NYC and London are equal in terms of importance and also the Capitals of the World.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:56 PM

1,845 posts, read 6,834,285 times
Default On topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Do you think the big three will always be the most meaningful cities in the United States or do you think some city will eventually pass them in the future?I ask this because when I really think of big cities in our country,that our the biggest world symbols in our country,those are them,but I wanted to know if anyone thinks that someone will pass them up in the future?

Please stay on topic. The quote above is the first post in this thread and that is the main topic.

Last edited by Waterlily; 11-03-2007 at 10:05 PM..

Old 11-04-2007, 03:06 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,197,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post
Please stay on topic. The quote above is the first post in this thread and that is the main topic.
Sticking to the original idea, and holding to the notion that three will remain, I do think it's possible- that one will drop off in the future. Nothing remains the same, and out of the three, New York will be the first to drop out. Oh, as the positions of Chicago, Houston and Los Angeles will have to be decided on by fate, it is also fate that drops New York like a potato. The Empire state indeed! Remember the British empire, and other sure bets from the past and you will realize this is inevitable. New York is the oldest and most established of the three and therefore the most vulnerable. Age, corruption and the innability to maintain the infrastructure will bring it to fourth, and then fifth place in the coming 100 - 150 years. The rather provincial and outdated culture of New York will not keep this unfortunate event from occuring. Actually, it will accelerate the process. The physical vulnerability of the location, chosen at a time that couldn't conceive of the realities of the 21st century, has me worried for it. Sticking all of its eggs on a skinny little sandbar in the middle of a river used to convey a protective, fort like mentality. Now, it's just vulnerable. America will come to realize this in the coming years, and reinvest elsewhere for the security of the country as a whole. I've said it before; never put all of your eggs in one basket. 80 years from now, Los Angeles will hold the #1 spot, Chicago second and New York third. Houston will jump on a little later and New York will drop to fourth. It's science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.