Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 07:56 AM

2,247 posts, read 7,026,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
That site is bull****. I got St. Louis and it said St. Louis is one of the safest cities in America. Complete BULL.
LOL!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 09:47 AM

69 posts, read 345,241 times
This one's scoring was kind of confusing, and I got a ton of results I wouldn't normally have picked. (New York??) Anyway, ****.com is a pretty good one...

Old 09-28-2007, 05:01 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,424,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjuliek View Post
This one's scoring was kind of confusing, and I got a ton of results I wouldn't normally have picked. (New York??) Anyway, ****.com is a pretty good one...
Yeah, it is a pretty good site.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:42 PM

1,475 posts, read 4,141,228 times
I took the test on findmy place and got

Palmer Alaska
Montpelier Vermont
Burlington Vermont
Northhamptom Massachusetts
Shelburne Falls MAssachusetts
Joseph Oregon

And I'll be darned if I don't live in, and chose to live in, Burlington Vt.

And I also considered Northhampton, Massachusetts.

Not bad at all

Old 09-28-2007, 06:42 PM

1,510 posts, read 5,066,110 times
Well one site gave me Texas and Arizona, and the other Connecticut and New Jersey...? How they gave me from on extreme to the other I have no idea lol. Dont think I'd ever live in Texas or New Jersey..

Old 09-28-2007, 07:02 PM

960 posts, read 1,686,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonofillfaith View Post
Well one site gave me Texas and Arizona, and the other Connecticut and New Jersey...? How they gave me from on extreme to the other I have no idea lol. Dont think I'd ever live in Texas or New Jersey..
Same thing here. The bestplaces.com site gave me New Jersey and Connecticut. I went back and answered some questions differently and still ended up getting towns in New Jersey and Connecticut. Two places I definately would not consider. I think something is wrong with that site.

The ****.com site listed some wonderful places in Maine, Virginia, Montana, and Tennessee. I think the site actually took into account my preferences.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:27 PM

393 posts, read 1,496,646 times
I've used the findyoursport site several times with most of my main criteria the same but changing others, and I seem to keep getting the same spots. What I don't get is why, if I'm only requesting the PNW, do I keep getting towns in Arkansas as well? That's happened everytime I've tried it. They had some great hits for me in Oregon, though, and it's fun taking the quiz.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:46 PM

859 posts, read 3,320,998 times
I don't think this site makes sense.

I insisted that seasons were important to me, but it gave me two warm CA places as my top two.

And as my 6th place it gave me Utah. That's probably the last place I shoud live, I'd stick out like a sore thumb.

Old 09-29-2007, 02:16 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times
Neither site is very useful. On both sites I highly indicated I did not want cold snowy weather...yet both sites listed those areas as the top picks for me! LOL

Old 06-04-2014, 07:11 PM

9,521 posts, read 16,503,270 times
I just did one called FindMySpot. It's free or so it claims. I don't know if its the one on this tread. It was a very lengthy one, very detailed with its question. Unfortunately I never go the results which are suppose to be given a the end of the quiz. The reason I didn't get them, is because I ended up deleting this quiz. As soon as the quiz is finished a screen comes up, wanting all your personal info including your address and phone. I think that is wrong to ask for personal info. If it was a reputable quiz, then they would have asked before one begins the quiz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.