Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 02:57 PM

99 posts, read 126,946 times

Advertisements

Not Chicago. We're just getting worse, unfortunately. The only reason population isn't dropping (it's staying about the same) is because we're still a world city and the largest in the region by far.
I think we'll start dropping real soon though.

Los Angeles maybe because they seem to be fond of annexation. Christ, it seems like San Bernardino and San Diego will soon be a part of Los Angeles.

But no city will ever match the density of NYC, not in our lifetimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2016, 06:54 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,671,381 times
Qworld,

Obviously the counties in California are bigger so that was my point.

Maybe the N.y bias is coming out here lol

The General,

Visit Los Angeles and tell someone that Beverly hills or Santa Monica isn't L.A & they'll laugh in your face !

Pasadena & the Valley isn't in the middle of town but it's one of the great 88 cities in L.A county.People in Burbank or Glendale go out of town & tell people they're from L.A.Out here the County & City is in no way different.Cross the street in Hollywood & your on city lines,Cross another street & you could be on County lines lol Its still all L.A out here & L.A at it's core is 10 million plus people in a bigger land area.

I remember there was an article saying how bigger Los Angeles is than New York & can fit 7 u.s cities in it.
New York is more densely populated because of the on top of each other environment,but L.A is more populated over a bigger area of land,Some land is even unincorporated areas of land & water like another poster recently said so all those L.A city miles are not even livable areas for population to exist lol

Old 04-29-2016, 07:01 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
Qworld,

Obviously the counties in California are bigger so that was my point.
If that was your point, it's a fairly obvious one (Western counties are always larger than Northeastern counties) and has absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic.

California counties could be as big as Alaska or smaller than my house and it would mean nothing.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:04 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,395,398 times
Kobe, I don't think you're bright enough to work a cash register. What the hell do you do for a living?

Old 04-29-2016, 10:42 PM

Joey,

The White guy who's obsessed with Black culture lmao
Get off every topic im on & go direct the sequel to the Nwa movie weirdo lol

Old 04-30-2016, 05:54 AM

Just because you couldn't argue with me about Danny Boy (the open homosexual) getting on stage with Suge Knight and dissing Puff Daddy at the Source Awards doesn't mean I'm obsessed with African culture. But don't try to distract from the topic of the thread now Kobe.

Old 04-30-2016, 05:09 PM

Lmao you really are a rare case Joey !

But your still an old white man from the bronx who admiitted your obsessed with who killed Biggie 2pac & the copycat New York fools repping Cali Gangs Lol

And i don't recall us arguing over Danny boy,Now about this thread,We can agree to disagree.

Old 04-30-2016, 05:33 PM

Never admitted to being obsessed over anything. Only pointed out some truths because you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Last edited by joeyg2014; 04-30-2016 at 06:10 PM..

Old 05-07-2016, 01:11 PM

175 posts, read 203,723 times
Will someone please explain why people here ask these STUPID questions (original question of this thread) that have no real answer? What's the point? HAVE YOU NOTHING BETTER TO DO?

Old 05-07-2016, 09:55 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
Only if Chicago and LA go crazy with annexation and just annex everything around them. This would obviously never happen in Chicago since the surrounding cities have different identities and I doubt the wealthy people in the northern suburbs would ever want to have a Chicago zipcode. This could happen in LA but only if the tiny towns in the county being totally on board with the idea. Houston is growing fast but it would have to quadruple in size in order to surpass NY, which is just not something that will happen anytime soon, not even 50 or 100 years is enough, maybe in 200
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.