Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2018, 11:59 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times

Advertisements

Huntington, West Virginia has a boring skyline for a city its size, especially compared to Charleston WV. Also Huntington doesn't have the mountainous valley backdrop that its neighbor Charleston does.

Lexington, Kentucky also has a boring skyline for a city its size though the UK campus is nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 11:59 AM

4,147 posts, read 2,962,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Probably Indianapolis, Indiana.

Columbus has a very beautiful, pleasant cityscape and a lot of decent nightlife. It felt like an island of modernity and prosperity surrounded by Rust Belt neighbors. Charlotte is also a very pleasant city and close to the mountains too. Are we talking about the cities themselves or the overall surrounding environment too? Even Kansas City has a nice skyline and the grasslands have their own beauty.

Lafayette, Louisiana physically looks boring and run down, but there are beautiful bayous and woodlands not too far away including the Henderson Swamp and Bayou Teche. Some claim Lake Charles, Louisiana is boring but its close to the Creole Nature Trail and beautiful wetlands.

Some people claim Baton Rouge is bland just driving through on the Interstate but there are many historic areas and a lot of lush Southern vegetation like Spanish moss and live oaks once you get into the neighborhoods.
Amen! I spent 10 weeks during the summer in Slidell, Louisiana without a car. Didn't leave town too often, but still! Was never bored the entire time. So much Southern greenery, vegetation, and ambiance--it's a feast for the eyes. Everywhere looked like a scene out of Forrest Gump's hometown. The pine forests and bayous never got old; I couldn't get over how elegant and serene the pine trees seemed like.

Yeah, Louisiana is pancake-flat, but I'd take the lushness over there over dry brown hills in my home state of California any day!

Old 09-26-2018, 01:10 PM

14 posts, read 9,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Houston is hardly vanilla. Its one of the most diverse cities in the US and its one of the best food cities in the US. It is a corporate city, but most cities are.
It's not, just some of the attitudes there. But you can tell who's been, who hasn't, and who only stayed at their Aunt's in Sugar Land, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
It makes up for it with the second longest coastline in the country behind Alaska. I find Miami, and the keys more visually appealing than anything in Texas! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Florida is ALL about its coastal areas, save for some really interesting & serene landscape in the Everglades.
Oops, looks like I ruffled some feathers!

Last edited by MaximusPrime; 09-26-2018 at 01:57 PM..

Old 09-26-2018, 02:08 PM

1,629 posts, read 2,628,898 times
Dallas and Houston are extremely boring. They have multiple skylines that look impressive from a distance. However, when you’re actually in the business districts, they’re dead outside of business hours and extremely underwhelming. Oklahoma City, Wichita, Omaha, and Des Moines all fit the bill for yawn inducing scenery.

Phoenix has varied topography in the city, including South Mountain Park, Camelback Mountain and Piestewa Peak. That feature alone removes the city from any list of boring landscapes.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
Dallas and Houston are extremely boring. They have multiple skylines that look impressive from a distance. However, when you’re actually in the business districts, they’re dead outside of business hours and extremely underwhelming. Oklahoma City, Wichita, Omaha, and Des Moines all fit the bill for yawn inducing scenery.

Phoenix has varied topography in the city, including South Mountain Park, Camelback Mountain and Piestewa Peak. That feature alone removes the city from any list of boring landscapes.
Too bad Phoenix has the worst downtown of all these cities.

Last edited by MaximusPrime; 09-26-2018 at 02:36 PM..

Old 09-26-2018, 02:50 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,063,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusPrime View Post
Too bad Phoenix has the worst downtown of all these cities.
I would say that's debatable at best. I get that Phoenix's downtown leave's a lot to be desired for it's size, but to say that it's worse than even Wichita is hyperbole at it's finest.

Old 09-26-2018, 03:02 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,895,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post

I completely agree, even Phoenix with it's desert topography still has more going on than the major cities in Texas.

Old 09-26-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
desert topography
Texas has El Paso and Big Bend. Checkmate, LOL!

Last edited by MaximusPrime; 09-26-2018 at 03:48 PM..

Old 09-26-2018, 05:10 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,895,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusPrime View Post
Texas has El Paso and Big Bend. Checkmate, LOL!
I was referring to Dallas and Houston as the previous poster referenced to. I've never really kown that El Paso was one of the major cities in Texas, or Big Bend. lol wouldn't be surprised though.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:19 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,743,952 times
Phoenix and San Jose. Their skylines are tiny for their size and nearly nonexistent, respectively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.