Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What part of the US has the worst weather?
the Northeast 61 10.66%
the Midwest 208 36.36%
the South 174 30.42%
the Rockies 14 2.45%
the Southwest 52 9.09%
the Pacific Northwest 45 7.87%
California 18 3.15%
Voters: 572. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 02:07 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Oklahoma City
Bingo. Worst. Weather. Ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 03:05 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,397,493 times
Texas,nFlorida, Arizona...I like summer just fine but that's just too darn much hot for me. All 3 are my personal idea of hell.

California...because I like to have all 4 seasons, still at least it's usually pleasant, so definitely not the worst.

PNW...hate so much grey and damp, find it depressing. The beautiful summers do not make up for it...for me.

Everyone's idea of perfect weather is different. I like snow, like watching everything bloom in spring, like just jumping in the pool because it's hot, like sipping coffee on a crisp fall day and watching the leaves change. I couldn't give up any of that...although I will take a trip to escape winter or summer if it gets to be too much. A few days off will reset me.

Old 05-17-2021, 10:21 AM

101 posts, read 93,956 times
Desert Southwest. The state with the worst climate would be Nevada in my opinion.

Intense heat, dried up rock, depressing scenery, droughts, etc.

The reason why cities like Las Vegas and Phoenix even have the populations that they do is because of irrigation technology and air conditioning.

Old 05-17-2021, 11:03 AM

638 posts, read 349,706 times
Midwest because there are too many extremes due to its location on the continent.

Old 05-17-2021, 11:15 AM

16,086 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Midwest, but followed by the south. Tough winters, snow and ice, sub-zero temps, floods, tornados, 100+ heat, oppressive humidity. The south gets milder winters but hurricanes and tropical storms instead. The Goldilocks four-season climate is the high desert in the southwest (not Las Vegas or Phoenix). California's Mediterranean climate is nice.

Old 05-17-2021, 11:45 AM

12,169 posts, read 8,014,676 times
Worst Summer: Deep South, specifically southern Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana and Alabama. In addition, Coastal TX + parts of Interior SC. So hot and Humid.

Worst Winter: Upper Midwest and Upstate NY lol

Old 05-18-2021, 06:06 AM

1,485 posts, read 2,253,228 times
The Deep South and it's not even close. You're either born with gills, or you're not. If you don't, may the good Lord have mercy on your soul from mid April through mid October.

The Midwest isn't particularly renowned for great weather, but at times there can be a reprieve from the oppressive heat (many summer days don't even reach 80!). Southern summers (at least in the Deep South, and not near the coast) are relentless, brutal, and just plain unenjoyable.

Old 05-18-2021, 06:12 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
LOL people say "Gosh, it's so humid out here!" and I'm always saying "What? Oh, you think it's humid? Honey, I'm from New Orleans. This humidity doesn't even register with me."

Old 05-18-2021, 06:43 AM

460 posts, read 350,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fezzador View Post
The Deep South and it's not even close. You're either born with gills, or you're not. If you don't, may the good Lord have mercy on your soul from mid April through mid October.

The Midwest isn't particularly renowned for great weather, but at times there can be a reprieve from the oppressive heat (many summer days don't even reach 80!). Southern summers (at least in the Deep South, and not near the coast) are relentless, brutal, and just plain unenjoyable.
What part of the Midwest are you referring to? The only places I know that have many days not even hitting 80 in the summer are northern Wisconsin and the UP of Michigan. The reset of it stays in the 80's and 90's are pretty common as well even in the upper Midwest states like Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan. Below 80 is not the norm Jun-August and quite a bit of September as well. The further south you get the more humid and hot the Midwest is.

I agree with the other posters stating that the Midwest really gets the worst of both.

Old 05-18-2021, 07:30 AM

3,733 posts, read 2,891,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landolakes90 View Post
What part of the Midwest are you referring to? The only places I know that have many days not even hitting 80 in the summer are northern Wisconsin and the UP of Michigan. The reset of it stays in the 80's and 90's are pretty common as well even in the upper Midwest states like Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan. Below 80 is not the norm Jun-August and quite a bit of September as well. The further south you get the more humid and hot the Midwest is.

I agree with the other posters stating that the Midwest really gets the worst of both.
Spring and fall in the Midwest are pretty amazing. I kind of love our summers, as well. Winter, it depends on the year. Some, are fairly mild.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.