Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 05:48 PM

554 posts, read 2,501,358 times

Advertisements

I'm suprised at Indianapolis' low ranking college attainment, but even more suprised by the LA Metro Area's rank. I thought it would be up there with NY's and CHI's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 06:32 PM

699 posts, read 2,236,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICAGOLAND92 View Post
I'm suprised at Indianapolis' low ranking college attainment, but even more suprised by the LA Metro Area's rank. I thought it would be up there with NY's and CHI's.

To be fair, Indianapolis only has a poor ranking in the "Smart in the Center" category. Not sure how it ranks in levels of college attainment within the whole MSA as opposed to just the inner city.

Not sure why the "Smart in the Center" listings is relevant to this post. Some places have a greater proportion of their college educated adults in the center like Manhatten, but doesn't reflect the MSA as a whole.

And not sure where the study's data comes from, it doesn't even list sources. (seems to be just a powerpoint presentation done by a consulting company)

Old 10-05-2007, 01:56 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,207,904 times
Quote:
(seems to be just a powerpoint presentation done by a consulting company)[/quote]

This is downtown at his most typical; passive when creating a thread, aggressive with his follow-ups. L. A. is up there, CHICAGOLAND92. My overall grammar has always been better than Towny's, and I'm a product of the L.A.U.S.D.! Powerpoint presentations, is that how you pull this off, Downy?

Old 10-05-2007, 05:29 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,742,732 times
Honey...LA is not up there. Its down here at #47. Didn't you know how to read?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post

L. A. is up there, CHICAGOLAND92.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:50 PM

430 posts, read 1,394,179 times
Quote:
LA has a non hispanic white population that is much more affluent and well educated than the nation as a whole, -becuase most working class white have long since fled the area. But the overall ethnic demographics, as well as the Hispanic population being significantly less well educated even than Hispanics in most of the country, means the area has a relitively low overall ranking. Also, there are a lot of poorly educated Asians and Armenians, as well as highly educated ones, in the region.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.