Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 05:03 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,472,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
^ thats heaven to me!
Not if you lived in my neighborhood
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroline95 View Post
least favorite: idaho, maine, new hampshire
Ok I'll stop asking about places like Idaho(boring right?)
But why Maine and NH(other than politicians living there)?

Old 10-01-2007, 05:21 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,480,739 times
Favorite(s): A tie between Michigan and Kentucky! Lots of greens, trees,fishing, hunting and water plus friendly people.

Least favorite:Texas-something just flat-out weird about that state, that, to this day, i haven't been able to put my finger on it.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:48 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,392,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
You also have to remember that eastern Kansas is far more interesting than western Kansas. Eastern Kansas has Kansas City, Kansas City suburbs, Lawrence, Topeka, and Manhattan. Western Kansas is the area of the state where almost all the young people leave, and most counties are becoming frontier-like again with population densities under 6 people per square mile.
THat's true...I still don't find Eastern Kansas as interesting as Southern Missouri though. The Northern half of Missouri I will give is lacking as far as excitement goes. The Southern half is very hilly and mountainous. The same can be said when comparing Western Ohio and Eastern Ohio. Western Ohio reminds me of the Northern half of Missouri. Eastern Ohio reminds me of the Southern half. Very hilly and mountainous. As to Pennsylvania being a boring state, I have no idea how it is. The Appalachian Mountains occupy Western Pennsylvania, and Eastern Pennsylvania is just beautiful.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:35 PM

322 posts, read 299,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Not if you lived in my neighborhood
every state and city has its areas with bad neighborhood. You can't take down PA and it's people just because of your neighborhood. Thats like me saying Colorado is hell on earth because I live 26th street and Welton in Denver. That doesn't speak for people in Aspen, Brekenridge, or Boulder.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:44 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
You wanna see Real hell on earth come to Philadelphia!
Yes, Philadelphia is an absolute hell hole!

http://www.everlastboxing.com/articles/06img/philadelphia.jpg (broken link)
http://www.a1express.com/images/city%20picutres/Philadelphia%20Courier%20Service%20Skyline.jpg (broken link)

http://urban.hunter.cuny.edu/~pallante/index_files/image009.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-01-2007, 06:45 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
every state and city has its areas with bad neighborhood. You can't take down PA and it's people just because of your neighborhood. Thats like me saying Colorado is hell on earth because I live 26th street and Welton in Denver. That doesn't speak for people in Aspen, Brekenridge, or Boulder.
Exactly. I wonder if StuckPA thinks Scranton is "hell" also?

Old 10-01-2007, 06:46 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,762,823 times
after those pictures, im not blind! in fact my vision got better!

Old 10-01-2007, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Least favorite:Texas-something just flat-out weird about that state, that, to this day, i haven't been able to put my finger on it.
Hmm it wouldn't be the former governor or the death penalty would it?

Old 10-01-2007, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
You can't take down PA and it's people just because of your neighborhood. Thats like me saying Colorado is hell on earth because I live 26th street and Welton in Denver. That doesn't speak for people in Aspen, Brekenridge, or Boulder.
I didn't say PA was hell on earth,I do believe I specified Philadelphia...even more specifically my section of town
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.