Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 09:33 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times

Advertisements

Youngstown, OH
Saginaw, MI
Toledo, OH
Dayton, OH
Memphis, TN
Detroit, MI
East St. Louis, IL
Buffalo, NY
Jackson, MS
Topeka, KS
Wichita, KS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 10:43 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,918,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
Detroit
Baltimore
Cleveland
Buffalo
St louis
Pittsburgh
Philly
Camden
Gary

in order
Good list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Detroit, MI
Flint, MI
Toledo, OH
Cleveland, OH
Buffalo, NY
Reading, PA
Wichita, KS
Topeka, KS
East St. Louis, MO
Greeley, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Youngstown, OH
Saginaw, MI
Toledo, OH
Dayton, OH
Memphis, TN
Detroit, MI
East St. Louis, IL
Buffalo, NY
Jackson, MS
Topeka, KS
Wichita, KS
Greeley, CO?
Wichita, KS??
Topeka, KS???

How do these have anywhere near the worse reputations?
(you posted that twice BTW)

Old 05-22-2010, 11:26 PM

380 posts, read 691,592 times
Although Detroit is kind of "off the map", I would have to say Detroit has a pretty bad reputation nationally, which is unfortunate. The reality is the mentality, conditioning, socialization and enculturation of many of the residents makes it bad. There are a lot of people that have accepted the corruptive culture as normal, which ultimately destroys many of the young people growing up in the area. Many Detroiters are very defensive and think constructive criticism is attack and negative. There are many people that, despite their words and representations, prefer to keep the city just as it is; that are aiding and abetting in the destruction of a generation; many of whom are enthusiastic and willing accomplices.

I can be honest about the city-the good, the bad; and the ugly-since I grew up there. It saddens me to see the city, its leadership and residents in the current state its/they're in. Unfortunately, despite some individuals' efforts, the situation is slow to change...Knowledge is POWER, and when people "know better" they "do better", so my prayer for the city is healing and restoration of values and morality; the rich culture and history of the city; and rehabiliation. Sincere at heart: "Pray with and for us!"

Old 05-22-2010, 11:32 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,740,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot66 View Post
You might be right about East ST. Louis (Never been there), but not St. Louis itself. St. Louis has beautiful suburbs and friendly people. I'd move there in a heartbeat. We were there for a wedding last year & all of of the out of state relatives loved it. It's so American and real. Safe too.
This is exactly how I feel about St. Louis! There are nice areas in the city. Lots of charming neighborhoods and walkable areas: Soulard, Tower Grove South, Central West End, the Loop, Lafayette Square, etc. The suburbs are also very nice and very safe. My favorites are Clayton, Ladue, and Webster Groves. I'm glad I'm not the only one who describes St. Louis as "American" That word just pretty much sums it up. I bring my friends to St. Louis all the time and they always come away with a whole new image of St. Louis. They never realized it was so nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.