Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 03:20 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,147,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingnjkbling View Post
What is the boringest City in the United States?

In my opinion it is Syracuse, NY

The weather sucks, there is basically nothing to do for entertainment, and the male-female ratio is like 4-1 ( lol not good )

What does everyone else think?
Raleigh-Durham, while beautiful and full of kind people, is the most boring city I've ever visited in the USA.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:14 PM

44 posts, read 245,555 times
Default Most Boring City

Vidalia, Georgia and most any area in South Georgia, except for Savannah. Seriously folks, all of the development went to North Georgia. You literally have to be born and raised in South Georgia to appreciate it. If you ever need to "get away from it all", live in the trees and not be bothered, this is the place to go.

Most small towns have the reputation of being friendly and/or nosy - not this one. People truly stay to themselves and there is not a genuine community "feel" at all. BORING.........

Old 10-09-2007, 02:44 PM

884 posts, read 1,033,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown View Post
What is so boring about Des Moines? For a city and metro area of its size, Des Moines is far from boring.

Des Moines is the third largest insurance center in the world, behind London, England and Hartford, Connecticut. The economy is strong.

It is the largest city in Iowa, and is part of Iowa's largest metro area unless you include Omaha-Council Bluffs.

It is the state capital and all the major presidential candidates have offices in the area. Des Moines is a good place to be if you like politics, especially now with the upcoming caucuses.

It has a nice skyline for a city its size, and the tallest building is 630 feet. It has a better skyline in my opinion that other midwestern state capitals such as Lincoln, an Madison. Downtown is clean and pretty easy to navigate, and two rivers flow by downtown.

The public schools are generally highly regarded, the crime is low, the cost of living and housing is low, and there are not many traffic problems.

Iowa State is only 30-40 miles away and Drake University, a division one school, is in Des Moines.

Des Moines has a symphony orchestra in addition to six minor league sports teams, and several other culural activities. There are several trails in the area for recreation and Saylorville Lake is a large lake located about five miles outside the city limits.

Des Moines has its downsides. No oceans or mountains nearby, it is somewhat isolated, and the winter weather can be rough. It lacks major entertainment outlets, but the metro area only has about 550,000 people.

Overall though, Des Moines is a pretty good place to live. I don't see how anyone can say that Des Moines is the most boring city in the U.S.

LOL, no offense but that ALL SOUNDS REALLY BORING!!!

Old 10-09-2007, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
you can't call people ignorant for not liking a place or thinking its boring. sorry, it just doesn't work that way, they're opinions

Yeah, isn't that what this thread was about? ....our opinion of the most boring city in the US?? I vote Wichita however....

Old 10-09-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
Who is Jive....is that supposed to mean something to me? I really wish you'd stop jumping on every one of my comments uninvited and for no other reason that to start something. Metropolitan area limits essentially are essentially the real city limits implicitly and obviously. Those who go by city limits essentially like to pretend that the rest of the areas immediately surrounding the city limits are all rural. City limits also are a bad way to define a city, especially if the city secedes from its county, which is completely urbanized and the city limits are a very small patch of land. Like most definitions out there that is not rocket science, you can't commonly expect the definition to work for all cases, and this is no defense of where I live...it's fact...it's like stepping outside of St. Louis City, just 6 miles from downtown is still clearly in view, and there are still many apartments, businesses, and houses, plus an additional downtown clearly in view to the west of you, and saying "I'm in a rural area now", or "I'm in a different city," to which i would respond, "LOL!!!!!"
If I hear essentially one more time i'm going to gouge my eyes out.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:32 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,391,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_W View Post
If I hear essentially one more time i'm going to gouge my eyes out.
What? ok....I don't understand what you're trying to get across...if you hear again you'll gouge your eyes out

Old 10-09-2007, 09:44 PM

22 posts, read 253,668 times
Quote:
LOL, no offense but that ALL SOUNDS REALLY BORING!!!
It's not that boring.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
What? ok....I don't understand what you're trying to get across...if you hear again you'll gouge your eyes out
nothing I was only kidding.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:22 AM

2,247 posts, read 7,027,782 times
Quote:
nothing I was only kidding.
Yeah, I usually have to run things by ajf two or three times myself just so he can pick up on it.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:27 AM

42 posts, read 148,003 times
Hartford, CT is up there as most boring, least to do for a major city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.