Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 01:32 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,498,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by st. louie louie View Post
And just so you know, I have a lot of friends who are policemen in the city of St. Louis. They are good honest people who deal with more crap than Scarsdale will ever put out. They do their job and treat with courtesy with courtesy.
So if you're going to be a cop just like dad, launch that arrogant attitude that gives cops a bad name and ask yourself why you want to be a cop.
First off, my dad does not work for Scarsdale. He works for the State of New York and deals with cases ANY St. Louis cop would be scared ****less to take. He goes undercover on Mafia cases and gang cases all the time. Ever seen the movie "Donnie Brasco?" He sort of does things like that.

I do want to be a police officer. I want to, no matter how pissed and impatient I get on this site, serve America's people. I want to help people and I want an exciting job that will get my adrenaline pumping. And I'm years above other kids who want to be police officers because my Dad's a cop, his friends are cops, my uncle's a cop, and my grandfather was in the FBI. I'm years ahead, maybe even decades ahead. I know the Penal Law book like the back of my hand, I know the Constitution like the back of my hand, I know it all.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice13610 View Post
And yes, driving above the speed limit is against the law, even if you are a cop. That is an obvious abuse of power, and also the most common. A cop is trained to use tazers too, but if an off-duty cop is dancing in a club and tasers a guy that he shares words with, he's going to get charged with assault/battery.

And "FutureCop," you can't "double their fines" unless you find more things to write them a ticket for. Please. I've never heard of a cop that can write their own fines on a ticket. hah.
Talking back to a cop and being disrespectful is not tolerated, and the department will even back the police officer up on that. My Dad used to be a patrol officer. He pulled over these punk kids and they asked him in a snobby voice " *sigh* Is this gonna take long?" My Dad says "It wasn't gonna, but now it is." He went back and sat in the car listening to the game. He got calls from his boss asking him if he was done yet and he said "no." The next day his boss called him in and talked to hinm about it and asked him if he did what he did to those punk kids. He explained and the boss was pissed. He called those kids Luitenant (?) and they are the one who got in trouble.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:49 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Future cop,

I think it's great that you want to take on the job of a policeman. It's a dangerous job sometimes, but other times it can be pretty tedious. Dealing with disrespectful people isn't all that much fun either, but ultimately a policeman should be respectful of the law. All laws, not just the adrenaline-pumping calls. An officer demeans the laws he's sworn to uphold when he arbitrarily breaks laws, and he doesn't just hurt himself. Other people see police officers speeding for the sake of convenience, and they feel like if someone whose job it is to defend the law doesn't take that law seriously, why should they. And people tend to see the uniform, not the individual, so if a Missouri State Trooper breaks the law, the public will think troopers break laws, not just the one man. I don't want to sound like a teacher, but I'm sure your uncle and father and other relatives and friends who took oaths to defend the laws and Constitution take those oaths very seriously.

DC

Old 10-09-2007, 05:53 PM

572 posts, read 1,995,245 times
Thank you DC. Your thread got way off base. Futurecop has alot to learn. I hope he realizes that before he becomes an adult.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:05 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
I unfortuntately live in the sprawling suburbs, and there is no public transportation here. I drive daily to and from either Scranton or Wilkes-Barre for classes, work, meetings, etc.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:02 PM

268 posts, read 1,614,114 times
In Sunday's Minneapolis Star-Tribune there was an article about insane commutes. One woman has a 2 hours and 15 minute commute ONE WAY. It didn't really touch too much on gas prices, but the psychological effects and the impact on the businesses and roadways. One woman quoted "I don't know why I do this to myself."

As for me, I have a 10-minute walk to work. My wife can ride her bike to work till it gets really cold. I think I fill up my tank about once a month if I don't leave town.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:20 PM

285 posts, read 1,068,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop
First off, my dad does not work for Scarsdale. He works for the State of New York and deals with cases ANY St. Louis cop would be scared ****less to take.
Give me a break. Seriously. You are so incredibly childish; this is no better than a "my dad can beat up your dad" argument. You're going to end up being one of those cops who takes it out on the world that he was picked on and made fun of through high school.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:21 PM

285 posts, read 1,068,047 times
FutureCop; I have another question for you; How did you get to know EVERY St. Louis cop? I went to the city a ton of times before I moved here, and I've only met a few. Did you have a meet and greet with the entire force?

Wow. Go to bed, child.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice13610 View Post
Give me a break. Seriously. You are so incredibly childish; this is no better than a "my dad can beat up your dad" argument. You're going to end up being one of those cops who takes it out on the world that he was picked on and made fun of through high school.
My dad can beat up your dad? Believe me, I am nothing like one of those kids. I have an attitude, I have a nasty one, but I do not do things like that. That’s just lame.

I’m never made fun of. I’m one of the most liked kids in school because I don’t take any bull**** from anybody, I am cool with people who are cool, and I am athletic and smart.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:27 AM

572 posts, read 1,995,245 times
Ahhh the beauty of the internet. Here we are arguing with an 8th grader with a 5th grade toughguy mentality. Futurecop, I will leave you alone but stop pushing it. Anybody with any attitude and a nasty one, is not liked and anyone who thinks they're cool is not.
Learn from smarter people around you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.