Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 01:19 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate Nancy View Post
I have an old friend who lives in Helena. Don't know where in the state that is, but Montana seems to be a place you really fit in or don't. No in betweens.
Helena isn't usually considered western Montana. Western Montana is generally accepted to be the area west of the Continental Divide and I think Helena is still east of it. Helena doesn't have the same attitude as that part of the state. Montana does generally have a dislike for anyone from California or "back east" (anywhere outside of Montana). I was accepted in western Montana because I came Montana. It really is a place you fit into or you don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 07:48 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times
Yes, Kansas City area. I never cared for the climate and the social culture was just bizzare there. I moved elsewhere for college and never moved back afterward. I prefer being in the north overall.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:04 PM

362 posts, read 665,175 times
Jacksonville, Florida. Do I need to explain...... Lol

It is often voted one of the most boring big cities in America.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:11 PM

663 posts, read 1,144,138 times
Cape Coral Fl. At the time it was geared for old people. Everything closed by 10, sprawled out, No public transportation, not even any side walks, And good God it is ugly!
I was young and single. It was no place for a young person

Old 08-20-2012, 09:15 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,824,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOOK MA NO HANDS View Post
Jacksonville, Florida. Do I need to explain...... Lol

It is often voted one of the most boring big cities in America.
I heard it is a good city for young professionals though. Is that true?

Old 08-20-2012, 09:19 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,001,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Yes, Kansas City area. I never cared for the climate and the social culture was just bizzare there. I moved elsewhere for college and never moved back afterward. I prefer being in the north overall.
I feel your pain. I could never get use to the entire state. crazy "culture". strange attitudes. weird(quirky) cuisine... No mountains. No large body of water.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:38 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
I feel your pain. I could never get use to the entire state. crazy "culture". strange attitudes. weird(quirky) cuisine... No mountains. No large body of water.
Yes, reservoirs don't count even though the yokels love the "Lake of the Ozarks." I much prefer the ocean or the Great Lakes.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:29 PM

425 posts, read 370,838 times
Call me biased but I refuse to ever live in a Southern state/city or red state.

The only positive they provide is the weather, and even then, as a Northerner, I actually prefer 4 seasons.

These cities become a little tainted anyway when half of your city moves there too. Its annoying.

If I had a damn nickel for every Northerner/NYer/person I knew who moved to Vegas, or Phoenix or Myrtle Beach or Miami/Orlando, etc.....

Austin might be the only city south of the Mason Dixon line I could live in, and even then, its got tons of sprawl. Car centric cities suck and as someone said, its actually less healthy in the long run than living in a Northern city with 4 seasons. You can use the 4 seasons to your advantage if you do it right.

Worse place ive lived is probably Jersey.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:34 PM

425 posts, read 370,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Eminem I can take or leave.

I wouldnt use that as a criteria for living somewhere when you can listen to him in any city.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:17 PM

2,247 posts, read 7,026,911 times
Florida. No scenery, no culture, horrible weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.