Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2012, 11:04 AM

870 posts, read 1,569,035 times

Advertisements

Interesting reading about the sweet tea line. I know that in northern and central WV, McDonald's didn't serve sweet tea until it went nationwide in 2008. Many of the local non-chain restaurants still serve unsweet tea.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:12 PM

581 posts, read 968,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallydude02 View Post
Interesting reading about the sweet tea line. I know that in northern and central WV, McDonald's didn't serve sweet tea until it went nationwide in 2008. Many of the local non-chain restaurants still serve unsweet tea.
What I would call 'native Maryland restaurants' - meaning family owned restaurants and chains based in Maryland, almost always have both sweet and unsweet tea, but sometimes only sweet. Probably when people ask for sweet tea in Maryland the only reason they can't get it is because it's just called 'tea' or 'iced tea'. It's generally assumed to be sweet unless requested otherwise.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:15 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,805,566 times
If you have a "Southern state of mind", I guess the South can be anywhere! God bless.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:44 PM

1,644 posts, read 2,172,005 times
Country must be country wide, lol

Old 08-31-2012, 03:13 PM

1,342 posts, read 3,245,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
Again...I think the list made I made earlier in this thread is validated to some degree by most of the subsequent posts. I will reiterate it again to see if we still have disagreement. Here is the south starting north and going down and then west.
-Virginia (excluding NOVA ******* suburbs) **As a virginian...notice my discontent for this portion even being considered apart of my state**
-North Carolina (excluding research triangle)
-South Carolina
-Tennessee
-Kentucky (excluding Northern KY...cincy suburbs)
-Georgia
-Florida (excluding Orlando and south)
-Alabama
-Mississippi
-Arkansas
-Louisiana (excluding New Orleans to some degree)
-Texas (excluding the panhandle and west Texas)

STATES WITH SOUTHERN SECTIONS:
-Missouri Bootheel
-Southern Maryland

This seems to be the most comprehensive list I can make based on what i've seen in this thread. Does anyone have any quarrells?
You forgot West Virginia, but people usually do.

By the way, the Sweet Tea Map is totally bogus, the guy made it all up for a college course, he admitted it years ago but never removed the map.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobilee View Post
I didn't even notice it was missing. Poor West Virginia.
Adding the southern two thirds of West Virginia would make wnewberry's statement fairly unarguable.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:47 PM

1,644 posts, read 2,172,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post
I didn't even notice it was missing. Poor West Virginia.
Adding the southern two thirds of West Virginia would make wnewberry's statement fairly unarguable.

-southern WV

By god, I think I've just solved every CD thread about the south. I guess we can all get offline and go outside and...play or something?

haha

Old 08-31-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
-southern WV

By god, I think I've just solved every CD thread about the south. I guess we can all get offline and go outside and...play or something?

haha
Outside...fresh air...playing!?

Old 09-01-2012, 09:07 AM

2,226 posts, read 3,854,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobilee View Post

By the way, the Sweet Tea Map is totally bogus, the guy made it all up for a college course, he admitted it years ago but never removed the map.
Well, that's a shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post
Outside...fresh air...playing!?
Sounds dangerous.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:34 AM

1,342 posts, read 3,245,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm123 View Post
Well, that's a shame.
Yes, I also think it's a shame that he keeps the map on his website without a disclaimer. The only maps I would generally trust are government, institutional or academic maps, though even there you should look carefully. I'm especially amused by some scientific maps that track things like insect infestations or plant growth and it appears that the bugs and shrubs are observing state lines.

Sequitur: Sweet Tea: Update!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.