Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 10:37 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,824,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notramick View Post
"Calling it as I see it"

Thanks for the honesty kid but..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

almost done

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

LMAO, LMFAO

Kid, take up stand up comedy. Youre way to talented to pass on that offer.

LMAO "good pizza" a northern characteristic. "dense" another specifically northern characteristic. I guess you havent seen Miami or New Orleans then let alone Paris, London, Hong Kong, San Francisco! Now he's going to tell me southern cities arent known for good pizza (which they arent but neither is DC) or they dont have good pizza (which is ridiculous).

Just hilarious.
This just made my lunch break so much better. I'm flying in a ROFLcopter right now.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:43 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,323,842 times
Well, North is anywhere north of Bunkie, Louisiana.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:43 AM

581 posts, read 968,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
This just made my lunch break so much better. I'm flying in a ROFLcopter right now.
Do yall have something to add or are you going to continue laughing at each other through the keyboard?

Old 08-20-2012, 10:45 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,323,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post
Do yall have something to add or are you going to continue laughing at each other through the keyboard?
did you get my PM about Maryland?

Old 08-20-2012, 10:45 AM

581 posts, read 968,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
did you get my PM about Maryland?
Yes, thanks!

Old 08-20-2012, 10:49 AM

27,547 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Maryland is more densely populated than New York state or Pennsylvania. The Baltimore-Washington CSA has a higher population than New Jersey.

(But don't let this be public knowledge!)

Old 08-20-2012, 10:52 AM

2,122 posts, read 3,683,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
Ok...here is my south. Lets just see how many people have a quarrell with my definiton........lets just see...

South starting from the north headed down
------------------------------------------
VA (excluding nova/dc)
KY (excluding western KY)
NC (excluding raleigh-durham)
SC
TN
GA (excluding ATL) **I know some people will fight on that one but I haven't ever felt what I regard as "south" in ATL
MS
AL
LA (excluding New Orleans)
AR
FL (Panhandle and North Central)
TX (Eastern)

Um...those are the places I always felt were south. I'm going to guess it will take about 10 minutes for someone to either expand that list by 4 or 5 states or reduce it by 10.
Excluding Western KY? It is the most southern part of the state culturally.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:55 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,171,366 times
It always felt kinda midwestern to me but I've never lived there so I am by no means the authority on it. I've only been through twice. I just wanted to throw a quick list together to see how many people fight with it...which seems to be all city data threads are, lol. But I wouldn't be opposed to including all of KY in my list. After all it's hard to call the bourbon capital of the world anything but southern I suppose.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:57 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,824,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post
Just laughing. Jeez, why can't you guys have some humor? CD has had this whole south discussion numerous times so after a while I just don't wanna repeat myself with obvious info like you guys are discussing.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:58 AM

2,122 posts, read 3,683,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
It always felt kinda midwestern to me but I've never lived there so I am by no means the authority on it. I've only been through twice. I just wanted to throw a quick list together to see how many people fight with it...which seems to be all city data threads are, lol. But I wouldn't be opposed to including all of KY in my list. After all it's hard to call the bourbon capital of the world anything but southern I suppose.
Well I'm speaking about the Jackson Purchase specifically. Kentucky west of the lake and Western Tennessee are two peas in a pod. I know that Western Kentucky can refer to more than just the Purchase though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.