Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 05:26 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,406,624 times

Advertisements

this is a very broad question..how does a city depict how hard it is to find a man unless every man in a certain city does something that men in other cities do not(which doesnt exist btw)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 05:30 PM

304 posts, read 871,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyooooo View Post
Disagree.

Northeast and Midwest are both religious, and traditional areas. Lots of people getting hitched early. Northeast women are more conceited, though.

The best ratio for men is larger metros in the Midwest and East Coast. Worst is out West.

Southern California, like someone said, is better for flings or short term relationships. LA is too single-oriented.

Southern women are nice, but complete airheads.

The best women may be Canadian, Upper Midwest or just Midwest.
The northeast is probably the most secular region in the country (probably along with the Pacific Northwest).

Old 11-11-2012, 08:45 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,566,000 times
Quote:
Like the Dakotas, etc.?

Ive never been, so..
Basically Nebarska down to Texas. I am not familiar with the Dakotas so I don't know if they should be included.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:45 PM

778 posts, read 998,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallahasseehero1 View Post
The northeast is probably the most secular region in the country (probably along with the Pacific Northwest).

This is a joke right? The part of the country dominated by Italians and Irish Catholics?

This map is the % of those who identify with any religion vs. "no religion"

Old 11-11-2012, 08:46 PM

778 posts, read 998,046 times
The Northeast is nowhere near as secular as the Pacific NW.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:57 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,715,586 times
Quote:
I live and am from there and was born in the 80s, so youre wrong there. I know a bunch of people in their 20s that are married with kids. College educated too. Its actually one among the many reasons why I want to leave (again). Friends of mine and people in general are in that post-grad phase of stagnation. Since nobody has the job they want or a job at all, they go out and get a wife instead seeing as thats the "next life step" since their other plans arent working to feel as if theyre getting somewhere in life. Its extremely provincial, and traditional here. Im not saying that that is how it is entirely, because there are a good amount of people that are single and not religious (me), but im a fading breed here and in MY experiences, the former is more accurate at this point.

Im not about to give you a Facebook list, but thats the gist of it. To play it off like its not that way is foolish.
Well that is just YOUR experience with the small group of people you hang out with. Many many people are not like that. You need to expand your circle of friends. That is not the norm here. I am in my early 30s and meet new, single people every week.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:59 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,715,586 times
Quote:
This is a joke right? The part of the country dominated by Italians and Irish Catholics?

This map is the % of those who identify with any religion vs. "no religion"
You do realize that a large percentage of these Italians and Irish claiming to be "religious" are the people that go to church once a year on xmas, right? I wouldn't really call that religious. In many areas up here, you get openly mocked when you show your religion off.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:46 AM

932 posts, read 1,944,511 times
How are the last 6 posts relevant to the OP in any way?

Old 11-16-2012, 08:24 AM

6,558 posts, read 12,044,134 times
Quote:
Disagree.

Northeast and Midwest are both religious, and traditional areas. Lots of people getting hitched early. Northeast women are more conceited, though.

The best ratio for men is larger metros in the Midwest and East Coast. Worst is out West.

Southern California, like someone said, is better for flings or short term relationships. LA is too single-oriented.

Southern women are nice, but complete airheads.

The best women may be Canadian, Upper Midwest or just Midwest.
I think the South and Midwest (Middle America like Nebraska) are the best areas if you're looking to settle down because the women tend to have traditional values and gender roles. Otherwise, you're better off looking in other countries. Northeast, West Coast, or urban Midwest (Great Lakes region) tend to have the overly feminist and PC types. I also agree that SoCal is not the place if you're looking to settle down.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:06 PM

644 posts, read 1,018,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts View Post
Midwest. People get married too soon, not a lot of hot women available, not a lot of singles to begin with...
Truth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.