Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2012, 10:14 PM

181 posts, read 356,966 times

Advertisements

And how did it go?

I'd like to hear any stories/advice and have particular interest in:

Diversity - The area of Tampa that we live in is truely a melting pot, we've been very lucky to have so many different cultures so close in our lives. Kenya, Haita, Dominican Republic, Phillipeens (SP?), not to mention US diversity Texans, Bostonians, Nyers (kinda wish they'd go home ). Anyway, we will miss that spice of life in a town that is 95% white.

ToDo - We've been spoiled in FL with more to do that we have time to do it. Theme parks, performing arts, professional sports every little thing you could imagine like laser tag, ropes courses, just too much... it's been fun!! We're looking forward to exploring and experiencing new things (like snow & sleding and ice skating!) - but we're relocating to a small city on the WA/ID border w/ Spokane being the largest city and still 1.5 away, next is Seattle at about 6 hrs. So, those things will become wkd getaways - which mean more $$ and likely much less often. So how much do you really miss the things to do of a metro area when you move?? I'd say we use them about once a month - we have annual passes bcs usually an annual pass is just the day pass price anyway.

Benefits?? -- Are people any happier if they slow down their life and enjoy nature more? I'd think if I were surrounded by beauty instead of concrete/activity I'd be a little happier We should have more money as the goal is to move into a mobile home on acreage - yeah ! a big change from our townhome without any space between neighbors. Lots of kids around - riding bikes, walking to each other's houses. They'll miss that =but they need room away from the cars/parking lots I think. They'll be happy with their dogs and maybe a couple horses and of course we can always plan playdates instead of the spontaneous "knock knock can my friend play today."

Thanks for reading - hope to hear your experiences with it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 10:23 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,401,202 times
you just had to expose your dislike for new yorkers, didn't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.