Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2012, 06:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,054 times

Advertisements

I've been planning a move out of Central Florida for the past two years but have been stumped by too many options and feel I need to pare down my list. My preference is for the Eastern US and my criteria are as follows:

1. Progressive, somewhat liberal area.
2. Whole Foods Markets (or similar) and good farmers markets (with legit farmers)
3. Active, thriving (somewhat upscale) downtown area as I plan to open a retail establishment.
4. Milder climate (four seasons is fine) but prefer more temperate weather with a decent share of sunny days.
5. Significant number of decent housing choices under 150K with condos, townhouses or single family homes.
6. A walkable area where it's not uncommon to walk versus drive half a mile.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 06:56 AM

93,266 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wherenext2013 View Post
I've been planning a move out of Central Florida for the past two years but have been stumped by too many options and feel I need to pare down my list. My preference is for the Eastern US and my criteria are as follows:

2. Whole Foods Markets (or similar) and good farmers markets (with legit farmers)
3. Active, thriving (somewhat upscale) downtown area as I plan to open a retail establishment.
4. Milder climate (four seasons is fine) but prefer more temperate weather with a decent share of sunny days.
5. Significant number of decent housing choices under 150K with condos, townhouses or single family homes.

You may have to relax one or two things in terms of your criteria, if you want to stay in the Eastern US. For instance, Ithaca NY would fit pretty much everything except for its winters. Same for Ann Arbor MI. Perhaps a place like Charlottesville VA would fit everything on your criteria. Maybe Lexington KY as well.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:21 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
And you have found too many places that meet all your criteria? Please share the list with us.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:33 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,828,747 times
Midtown, Atlanta, GA.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:02 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,802,659 times
Asheville, NC
Lexington, KY
Louisville, KY
Chattanooga, TN
Raleigh, NC
Greenville, SC

Old 12-10-2012, 01:01 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,740,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wherenext2013 View Post

The list above is good. Louisville is the biggest and best of those.

Try this website and get connected:
New2Lou

Old 12-10-2012, 01:06 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
And you have found too many places that meet all your criteria? Please share the list with us.
Yes, I was thinking the same thing. I find it interesting for someone who says there's too many places, he's basically asking for even more places to check out when he should be paring down by going to those cities' subforum (or state forum) to find out more information --OR-- adding more criteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.