Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 02:40 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,743,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlite View Post
Stockton, California could be a contender--the city government went bankrupt and the city has high rates of unemployment, crime, and air pollution. And yet they're so close to the (at least relatively) thriving San Francisco Bay Area.
I'd be miserable if this was the only house I could afford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
lol yeah those liberal bastions such as Sacramento, CA and Rockford, IL.
Sacramento does have a significant population of California state government workers, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
Check state rankings for poverty levels, education levels, obesity rates and see if you don't see them and/or other "Red states" on the top of those "negative lists".
Ever hear of the phrase "fat and happy"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
So basically if you have legitimate winter weather your city is automatically considered for this list...?
Pansies who cry about snow, then move in haste to a place that rarely gets snow, and then complain about how hot it is during the summer...

Face it, *******s; there are going to be four months every year during which the weather will not be ideal, regardless of where you live. May through September or November through March; pick your poison.

Last edited by Craziaskowboi; 02-22-2013 at 02:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 02:51 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,920,176 times
lol at this list. As someone said, it seems that anywhere with a winter is considered "miserable." Lake County, IL has a ton of affluent communities and is one of the richest counties in the US and somehow it's top 10. LOL. That on its own to me shows how ridiculous this list is.

And yeah, in Chicago there are tons of people who don't even own cars or own places. Traffic and real estate taxes are really nothing. Most of the violent crime happens in only a few areas away from any area you'd probably live in if you had a good paying job. You can say the same about NYC on this list too.

These lists seem to be made by people who just look at overall statistics and not at the overall lifestyle of people there and what happens area by area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.