Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 02:13 PM

1 posts, read 801 times

Advertisements

Hello, guys
I just registered and looks like nice web cite with a lot of knowledgeable ppl. We are family from Europe with a little kid 19 months and actually we are expecting another one pretty soon. We live in very small city /more like village/ and it is very seasonal it is on the Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri. There is nothing here, no jobs, no social life nothing....we used to have much more busier life style, moved out from Vail, Colorado to end up right here, because of people we know.
So my question is stupid and it has been asked many times....where is good place to rise a family, on internet there is a lot of information like the best states and the best citues to live in....but it is way better if you share your personal opinion. The most important things are low crime, nice people open to foreigners and of course jobs. My wife is not working taking care of the kid and looks like she will keep doing that and I am doing sales right now and serving in restaurants. I am planing on going back to school so I can get my degree evaluated here in USA and probably I could start working in the medical field.....medical billing and coding. My wife is a nurse and she will be getting a state exam wherever we move out to so she could be registered nurse.
Probably I sound confused and I guess I am we just don't wanna stay here anymore, life is cheap but we are lonely and there is nothing for kids....Please help me out a little bit. Thank you so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 06:07 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Madison, Wisconsin could be a good fit for you. If you want a bigger city check out the Minneapolis or Boston areas. All have low unemployment rates, lower crime rates, a diverse/accepting population, good schools and opportunity for the future.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:32 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
There are some very nice towns close to you in Missouri, which is actually a pretty good state to live in. Also, Kansas City is one of the best big cities in the US for family and lifestyle. On your day off, drive out to some other places not too far away and see how you like them. You are right about those Lake towns, they would be terrible places to live. I lived in Salem for a couple of years,and it was a really nice town, but not many job opportunities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.