Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 01:27 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,665 times

Advertisements

I live near Boston and work in Boston every day, and most people are RUDE, RUDE, RUDE - no doubt about it.

They push, they shove, they knock you down if you're walking too slowly. I think the "mindset" that I see is that everyone (the rude ones) think they are "important". That's why they're so rude.

We finally got a light at the crosswalk on a very busy street that everyone takes coming out of the train station, but do people wait for the light to change? NO - they're STILL going across when there are cars coming from both directions. They're so arrogant, like "look at me, I'm SO important at my job, and I just MUST beat you across the street".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 02:50 PM

285 posts, read 1,068,047 times
You spelled demeanor correctly

Old 11-06-2007, 05:23 PM

326 posts, read 470,537 times
DuPage County, Illinois, hands down! Locals there are known to call the police on anyone who is not a neighbor and does something as harmless as ride through on a bicycle.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:19 AM

646 posts, read 813,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M TYPE X View Post
New Englanders are insular and nasty.
It's amazing how most people here are city centric, yes that's often true of Boston, and Connecticut, but go up to New Hampshire, and Vermont. I've not been in Maine, but people speak highly of its recreational state parks and resorts, Kinnebunkport, camping, seafood, and research facilities, etc.

The farther you get from NY/North New Jersey the better it gets in both directions in terms of less insularity and not nearly as nasty.

I'll say though that New Englanders even way up there are very independent still, for touristy, education, but agricultural based economies.

Vermont is a state a lot of NYers escape to.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:34 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,373,212 times
New York City- we hate everyone.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:35 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,373,212 times
I'm surprised no one else said NYC...

Old 01-01-2008, 11:47 PM

326 posts, read 470,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I'm surprised no one else said NYC...
From my experience, New Yorkers are not that rude at all, even in Manhattan!

Old 01-01-2008, 11:49 PM

89 posts, read 100,096 times
Los Angeles no doubt

Old 01-02-2008, 12:20 AM

1,528 posts, read 6,288,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Rural areas in the South. Especially if you aren't a White Baptist Republican.

I would think any city big enough that didn't feel like everybody knows everybody would be big enough that anybody could fit in.
yeah, to some degree... any city below 5000 people maybe...
even then some, i saw this video of several 'hillbillies' who loves nascar is conservative and covert to Islam. They didn't know each other. One stuck out in my mind he lives in a tiny town and married a native Arab or Muslims or whatever, he is conservative and his wife did wear the headscarf. He made a interesting comment actually he said 'everyone here doesn't really treat us any differently, perhaps its because they see me and see me as an all out American guy and see her and go 'ok' '... then he made a remark about when he walks around 'all of the town people think "wait! whats she doing with him???" and when they walk around the Muslims they think "whoa! what is she doing with him?"
so to some degree some are rude, but they are rude people everywhere. Cities always seem to be rude to me, the countryside is much friendlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton1 View Post
From my experience, New Yorkers are not that rude at all, even in Manhattan!
they don't make much an impression on me, I was reading around there threads and found an "i hate tourists" thread... they hate anyone who isn't from NY, or at least the people who posted. The misrepresent us by throwing eggs at brits... I mean... it made me sorta of angry, I would love to see that amount of tourists in Dallas, but they seem to take it for granted.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:43 AM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton1 View Post
DuPage County, Illinois, hands down! Locals there are known to call the police on anyone who is not a neighbor and does something as harmless as ride through on a bicycle.
Sounds like Kennesaw,GA. The police were called on my for riding my bicycle at night. That to me sounds like an "I'm scared of whoever is outside because he or she could be a robber" attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.