Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 10:51 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Does this include the mobile meth labs?
Here is the sum total of all that is made available to us:

The DEA's meth lab register lists locations that were reported to be clandestine drug laboratories based on reports by local law enforcement agencies. The labs stay on the site until local authorities contact the DEA and inform them it has been decontaminated or demolished.

In other words, these appear to be the number of labs in each county that have been identified by police investigation, but have not yet been reported as cleaned up to the DEA. A wide range of local variables in there that affect the number of active cases being worked.

Here is another site with highly detailed information. This site suggests that the number shown for Tulsa County corresponds with the total number of meth lab busts accumulated over the past 13 years.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

It's like making a list of which counties have the most barking dogs, by counting now many citations the police have issued for barking dog complaints.

Last edited by Yac; 02-27-2013 at 07:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 10:58 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,925,770 times
this is sad

Old 02-21-2013, 11:07 AM

16,073 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
It looks to me like this is a list of the counties in which the police have most diligently looked for meth labs. Which says nothing about how many meth labs are or were actually there.

An extremely faulty set of statistics, with not a word about the the methodology.
Bingo!
This is how many have been found, not how many there are.
I'd rather see a higher number if that also means a large percentage of the labs are being found. If only a small handful are found I'd have to wonder why.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:14 PM

2,726 posts, read 6,113,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
If only a small handful are found I'd have to wonder why.
I'd say because there's no market for the drug.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:00 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,249,970 times
If this is how many Meth labs there are, I would hate to see how many Math labs there are.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:11 PM

16,073 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
I'd say because there's no market for the drug.
That's one possible reason, but I see on that map that there are counties with no labs right next to counties with many labs. I think a lot of it may also have to do with resources and or priorities of the law enforcement agencies in the different counties.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:26 PM

2,726 posts, read 6,113,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
That's one possible reason, but I see on that map that there are counties with no labs right next to counties with many labs. I think a lot of it may also have to do with resources and or priorities of the law enforcement agencies in the different counties.
Yes you're probably right. I was thinking more state-by-state. For example, meth just never really caught on here in the northeast *knocks on wood*, hence the low state wide numbers.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:58 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier77 View Post
I don´t wanna talk about conpiracies, but the main responables for this is the drug industry and their cold medicines with "ephedrine", the main active ingredient to make meth.

Remove those medicines, you remove meth.

It's all politics.
No, you just create an incentive for drug runners to bring the stuff in from Mexico.

It's all economics.

If you really want to blame anyone, blame the Nazis. They're the ones who first made meth widely available to airmen and soldiers to keep them awake in battle.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:03 PM

1,185 posts, read 2,221,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neworleansisprettygood View Post
Gotta do something to alleviate the boredom.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Nah Missouri ain't boring. Why da other day I found out my fertilizer ( made from my aunts pig crap) worked on my corn field. O nelly Im going to be rich soon.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:42 PM

14,353 posts, read 17,030,476 times
My understanding is in areas where heroin/cocaine/crack dealing was traditionally done by gangs, they have done everything they can to stamp out meth labs (including killing known meth dealers), because they understand it cannot be monopolized in the same way as other drugs, and they'll lose a buttload of money if a generation of urban junkies and crackheads become methheads instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.