Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 07:14 AM

12,742 posts, read 18,546,423 times

Advertisements

NOT Columbia, South Carolina. I repeat: NOT Columbia, South Carolina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 10:13 AM

1,485 posts, read 2,227,846 times
When I lived in Anchorage, AK a few years ago, I was astonished at the sheer number of homeless people living there. The winters aren't the harshest (compared to the Twin Cities and Chicago), but they are indeed long (snow is usually on the ground from early November through at least early-mid April) and worst of all, it's a very expensive city to live in.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:49 PM

12 posts, read 43,607 times
I don' t you Try working, hey how about that, losers hang out at libraries, with the other bums.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:29 PM

9,030 posts, read 10,414,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3243 View Post
And I'm sure they also have good public libraries, so if I did have to be homeless, at least I could read all day.
Yeah, that's what all the homeless are doing in the library all day long. Reading.

Care enough not to excuse bad behavior by street people - San Francisco Chronicle

Old 04-29-2014, 07:23 PM

124 posts, read 148,506 times
Portland, Seattle
They love em...

Old 05-09-2014, 08:41 AM

Default another homeless day.

Well, PART of being homeless, is avoiding, the police, and trying, to keep Your appearance, respectable. Try to avoid, living with other jomeless, you will get caught up, in there Bill ****, and eventually, they will Rob you, or bum, off of you.I got robbed, well My campsite, Some losers, took My valuable electronics, they are to lazy, to work, they, the homeless, look forva East score, alot of then, are ex- felons, that is a red flag there, they are punks, looking for ex money. Seattle, is a good place, to camp, in the Summer, san diego, hawaii, texas, has slot of Woods, and there is a lot, of resources, around Austin. If you can afford, a small storage, unit, get One, to Store Your stuff. You can get a p.o. Box, for Your mail, but there are places, that will Let, you get Your mail, for free. Apply, for good stamps, and general assistanced money, get a Bus pass, It is cheaper, in the Long run. For you losers, without I.d., there are places, that will help you, always, take Care of yourself, no One else, wants to, good luck

Old 05-10-2014, 04:14 PM

Default homeless life.

I did Seattle, If you Like rain, and overcrowed shelters, go there, o away from the city, Like Kent, renton, auburn, in a wooded area, do you really want to stsy, on the city, to much to worry about. You can go to halfway housinf, or a sober solutions house, but that gets old.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:22 AM

Default homeless life

Catch me on e food truck wars, airing in June, and spikes, frankenfood, season finale, I play a contestants. Also will be in East texas trails, a independent film. And major motion Picture, hot air, the life, of a c List actor.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:45 AM

Default a homeless life

Catch me on YOU-TUBE. sublime instanrt lift, under amazed customer, a 45 second promo. Also, audition tapes, under,BRIAN,DELANO.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:45 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,068,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
You do not want to be homeless in Portland. The mayor is cracking down on people who are coming here with express purpose of being homeless and taking advantage of services here as opposed to those already here who really are down on their luck due to job loss, mental or physical illness, layoff etc. In other words, if you come here just because you like the weather and want the services, you won't be getting them. There simply isn't enough to go around to take care of the people here already in need.

There is also a danger. The police are overworked trying to protect the homeless from the gangs who come here from out of town traveling through on their way to California. They prey on pedestrians and store owners robbing and beating them up but mostly they beat and rob homeless people sleeping on the streets. This is also something that has gotten out of control the mayor is trying to resolve.

If you try to live on the streets of Portland these days, you might be very sorry.
Portland decided to subsidize being homeless. Now they complain that they are getting more of what they paid for. I lived in Portland when these decisions were being made. I am glad that I no longer live there. I don't want to pay higher property taxes so someone can make a choice to be homeless. I have compassion for those that are trying, but not for those that choose to be homeless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.