Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 02:24 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,395,968 times

Advertisements

so those religious people bully gays, autistics, atheists? you witness this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 02:34 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,592,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
so those religious people bully gays, autistics, atheists? you witness this?
Just watch where anti LGBT legislation, hate crimes and wacky politicos like Louie Gohmert and Virginia Foxx all come from... Hint: it's not the coasts

Old 07-24-2016, 02:39 PM

ok. but many people think the bathroom bills are pro-women's rights, not anti-LGBT. this also doesn't account for your claim people in the south bully autistic people.

i've never heard of the two people you listed above.

Old 07-24-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
ok. but many people think the bathroom bills are pro-women's rights, not anti-LGBT. this also doesn't account for your claim people in the south bully autistic people.

i've never heard of the two people you listed above.
They are both US Congresspeople, with Gohmert representing a district in SE Texas, and Foxx is a rep from NC, if you ever watched the news, you'd know them from the ignorant hateful and sometimes dumb things they say on the floor of Congress

Last edited by FirebirdCamaro1220; 07-24-2016 at 03:34 PM..

Old 07-24-2016, 02:54 PM

ok. i looked at their Wiki pages and i didn't see anything 'hateful' in their positions. They are not calling for violence or instigating hate as far as I can tell.

you still haven't explained your 'evidence' of people in south bullying autistic people. that is an incredible claim.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
ok. i looked at their Wiki pages and i didn't see anything 'hateful' in their positions. They are not calling for violence or instigating hate as far as I can tell.

you still haven't explained your 'evidence' of people in south bullying autistic people. that is an incredible claim.
Their wiki pages? Go to YouTube and lookup news stories about them

Old 07-24-2016, 03:16 PM

when i look at the violence committed in this country, the people committing the violence don't seem to be in the white religious southern demographic that you associate violence and hate with. This includes the person who recently murdered 50 gay people in a club in Orlando.

i'm still waiting for your evidence that people in the south bully autistic people. were these two politicians railing against autistic people? that does not seem likely.

it appears both of them are pro-life. kind of hard to say that is a 'hateful' position even if you disagree with it.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
when i look at the violence committed in this country, the people committing the violence don't seem to be in the white religious southern demographic that you associate violence and hate with. This includes the person who recently murdered 50 gay people in a club in Orlando.

i'm still waiting for your evidence that people in the south bully autistic people. were these two politicians railing against autistic people? that does not seem likely.

it appears both of them are pro-life. kind of hard to say that is a 'hateful' position even if you disagree with it.
Move past the autistic thing, the conversation has moved past that

Watch what Virginia Foxx had to say about Matthew Shepard, the gay college student in Wyoming who was murdered, then get back to me

Old 07-24-2016, 04:11 PM

she said that she didn't think he was murdered because he was gay, but rather over an argument over drugs and/or money. I have read that Shepherd was actually lovers with one of the men who killed him. This article in THe Guardian talks about the Shepherd case and an author of a book about it. https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...atthew-shepard

She also believes as many people do that all crimes can be called a hate crime. All murder is wrong for whatever reason with exceptions for self defense, etc. None of what she said is anti-gay or inciting violence against gay people. She correctly pointed out Shepherd's killers were punished for it. Both were given life time sentences. you can't be punished more than that with just one life other than executiion.

it is amazng that your premise that people in the south are anti-LGBT is partly based on some people (you only cited one politician who has talked about it) simply being against hate crime legislation for valid reasons or not believing Matt Shepherd was killed because he is gay. I should also point out that Matthew Shepherd didn't live in the south. I should also point out that in general people int he south support more jail time for violent crimes and are more supporitive of the dealth penalty for violent crimes than other areas of the country. I believe that Matthew Shepherd's killers get the death penalty in both SC and Texas.

The conversation has moved past your accusation that people in the south bully autistic people because you keep dodging my request to provide evidence for your assertion. it obviously was a baseless assertion and I note again that you do not live in the south.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 07-24-2016 at 04:42 PM..

Old 07-24-2016, 04:52 PM

12,824 posts, read 9,541,088 times
Is Atlanta really that liberal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.